DESIRABLE NEW FUNCTIONALITY ON MENU

If everybody has realized, when you open a form from the menu the menu item remains ACTIVE so if i am filling a large
form i can accidentally press the menu item again, and… the system will erase all the work done and reopens the form
as an empty one. Thats undesirable behavior in aserus aplication aka: an invoice, a paying check form, inventory etc.

It will be an interesting functionality in the menu that the item can be BLOCKED once has been selected (if i wish to do so)
and prevent from presing it again in the midle of a filling form procedure.

I have tried with some javascript and php code in the events of the forms but it finally gets tricky and very dificult to support
in a large scale app. So ant internal solution within scriptcase will be the best.

Guido Cardona
Senior Programmer

I agree, I like that it goes to the right tab if it is already open, but it should not reload the form.
a general remark - navigation has to be redesigned. as it is now, you do not get far. just an example:
you set a link to open in new tab and you see options to return after insert or update. but … if you set open in the same window - these options a gone.
why SC does not use best practices and make the thing consistent ?.