Detail grid within form does not auto refresh

I have a read-only grid that is a detail list within a master form, in it’s own block in the master form.

The grid has been set-up with a refresh internal of 10 (seconds) in Grid > Settings > Refresh Interval. But that is all I have done, other than included the grid in the master form’s Master/Detail Form section.

When the master is run, the detail grid does not seem to auto-refresh.

Is there anything else I should have done / set?

Can anyone confirm if the grid auto-refresh feature is supported when the grid is a detail to a master form?

Is there another way to auto-refresh this detail grid every 10 seconds or so?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

FOR ME WHAT HAS RESULTED MORE, IS TO PLACE THE FORM CONTAINING THE SOLUTION IN A CONTAINER (DASHBOAD), AND TO PLACE THIS THE REFRESH TIME. IN THAT WAY YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT THE SPECIFIC APPLICATION.

Thanks for your reply. I really need the refreshing grid to be on the same page as the rest of the Master form - the child grid needs to be monitored while the user works with other controls on the form. But thank you anyway… my take away is that the grid should refresh - I am puzzled why it is not working as I do not think I am doing anything unusual.

This problem has been resolved.

If anyone has this problem, the trick to resolving it is to run the auto-refresh grid from the dev environment outside of the master form. Obviously you’ll need specify the value for any global variables needed by the child grid. The reason for doing this is there may be some underlying problem with the grid, which is not trapped when run as a child under the master form - this testing approach will ensure those errors are visible to you.

In my case, in the onHeader event of the child grid I was making a call to function in a library that I had overlooked to include in the form. As soon as I ran the grid in isolation I received the “call to undefined function” message. Fixed that by including the library, and everything, including the auto-refresh, worked 100%.

This issue was not visible when the grid was run as a child within it’s master form - I don’t see anything. I don’t pretend to understand the technical reasons for not seeing any exceptions (it was clearly happening), so that remains a mystery.

The lesson is always unit test child forms (subforms) in isolation to ensure they work as expected before running them in the Master form.

I hope this helps someone. Stay safe. Stay well.

Another update - I now have the same problem but after deployment. As it is slightly different, but I’ll create a different post.

I suggest you to post this kind of issue to suggestions and bugs support because as you said in some circumstances it could be very helpful as new feature of grids !!! Always hoping that someone there take care of it … Bye