Developing documentation with scriptcase

hi there,
the problem with sc documentation is that it is only available within the SC dev environment.
my power users want to contribute documentation, edit text, upload screenshots.

how do you solve this?

idea for SC to make documentation editor also available from the application, such as security. but it is a long shot. i tend to consider third party solutions, like github, which allows documenting but is not that user friendly for the non developers.

what about MediaWiki ?

1 Like

Trillum is a good tool, too

1 Like

I use Dr.Explain to write user manuals.
I prepare a web version and implement it in Scriptcase with an additional button.
I also prepare a version in * .pdf format for users.
And all this from the Dr.Explain program.

1 Like

thank you guys, i ll take a look at the tools
and if SC reads the forum, please consider turning documentation into a separate APP within SC,
as in many scenario’s , the end users are contributing to the documentation.

Trilium is a very nice opensource project, looks exactly what i was looking for, thank you sharing. Trilium relies on a number of other best practices opensource js projects like tree and graphs.

dr explain looks like you hooked up to a licence or something and for me was not clear , where and what do you install. they offer to download .exe. dhaa, i am on mac any way :slight_smile:

media wiki would be my second choice , however it looks somewhat outdated, just a first impression.

Yes Dr.Explain is a windows standalone program and needs a license.
The final product is manuals in *.pdf, *.doc format or a complete website with instructions.
No license is required for this.
I don’t know about the mac. I don’t think there is an option.