Do we need to buy fusionchart license?

Why when I run my chart locally or in development site, it shows “Fusioncharts Trial”? Do we need to buy Fusioncharts license separately or it is bundled with Scriptcase already? Any guidance, please.

Thanks

1 Like

No, you don’t. If you want to use funsiochart inside SC in a blank, you can do this in the begin of the oExecute event:

?>
sc_include_lib("fusioncharts");
<?php

your code...

And you can create your chart using fusionchart from SC.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply.
I made chart using SC chart application and it showed on the left bottom of the chart “fusionchart trials” as attached.

I could not get any documentation about this issue even in SC website.

1 Like

I have the same issue. It only started today 31/8/2022

hmmm so this is a problem that Netmake has to solve.

1 Like

According to my friend who are SC reseller, fusionchart should be bought in seperate license with SC. I’m still trying to contact to Fusionchart. I really hope SC could help us to bridge the communication with Fusionchart so it will ease us.

2 Likes

Hi

Same problem here

1 Like

Same problem here…

SC used to have a generic license to deploy FC to their customers. Some time ago there was an argument that SC deployed the ‘large’ version without a valid license, users that used this product had to buy a separate license. Apparently the overall license that SC has is due…

Thank you, @aducom. It will be better if SC give a clear statement about this issue, because it will impact the cost that we should provide to the customer just like my current project. I have not propose the additional cost of license in the project, so I have to buy the license for the customer out of project budget.

I fully agree. But it is good to know that SC is using 3rd party software. As an alternative you might integrate JSCharts. Not as advanced perhaps, but open-source.

Graph.js is another alternative. I use it and it’s very good.

is there anywhere a tutorial on how to use Graph.js in SC?
Thanks

Thank you for all replies. If it is possible due to the budget, I myself still prefer to use fusionchart, because SC already has integrated module with it, it means more features with less effort.

There was a small update a day or so ago. That cleared the problem for me

@phillipkearns , you mean SC 9.8? I’m still using 9.7, because my ongoing project is still using PHP 7.3 on the production server, so I delay updating my SC…

1 Like

In SC 9.8 is working fine now. Netmake @yuri_esteves Are you going to patch version 7.3?

You can update your SC to 9.8 with PHP 7.3. Netmake is updating both versions of PHP.

@Kleyber_Derick If I update 9.7 I still in that version?

Thanks Derick

Yes! You can upgrade do SC 9.8 and still using PHP 7.3. There are now two versions of PHP being updated by Netmake: PHP 7.3 and PHP 8.1.