Document filename path

Will try to get an answer to this one more time. I have a form with a document(filename) field. Which setting for location of the final document is winning?

1. typical deployment. Application doc path e:/suppression. Field subdirectory /working. (desired final location e:/suppression/working). File never arrives (works fine in development)

2. advanced deployment. Same application doc path and field. BLANK document path on deployment. Where will file go?

3. advanced deployment. Same application doc path and field. Deployment document path e:/suppression. Where will file go? (This is a problem if correct because there are other forms with different document path final destinations.)

What wins? In development I end up with the file where it should be. In deployment no matter WHAT I do it stays in xampp/tmp as the sc file and never writes to permanent location.

I don’t have any definite answer, but two possibilities.

You said your “field subdirectory” is “/working”. Are you actually including the leading “/” in the field? I am not including a slash in the field, just the subdirectory name. Assuming SC doesn’t strip double-slashes, is it possible the development and production environments treat a double-slash differently and it is breaking the path in production?

In looking at my project while writing this, I realized I accidentally had some double slashes in the advanced deployment paths due to cut & paste errors, and it works ok. So for a Windows server, it doesn’t seem to hurt anything if there are double-slashes in the path (either because SC strips them or the OS ignores them).

Second thought: Is there a permissions issue in production that is preventing the file from being written to the subdirectory?

I think I can definitively answer one part of your question about what wins if you do an Advanced Deployment. I have been ignoring the Documents Path in the Application → Settings screen and use a different path in advanced deployment. The path in the advanced deployment is the one that is used in production, and the one in Application → Settings is used when running the apps in development.

My Application → Settings is the default:

C:/Program Files/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/scriptcase/file/doc

Using ‘mysubfolder’ in the ‘subdirectory for local storage’ and running in development the files get stored in:

C:/Program Files/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/scriptcase/file/doc/mysubfolder

My Advanced deplyment is set with the following for images and doc paths:

/files/projectname/file/img
C:/Program Files/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/files/projectname/file/doc 

In my form I have the attachment(filename) → ‘subdirectory for local storage’ set to “mysubfolder”. The files end up in

"C:/Program Files/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/files/projectname/file/doc/mysubfolder"

and images end up in:

C:/Program Files/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/files/projectname/file/img/mysubfolder"

Yes thanks. I think I figured it out. Advanced works sometimes. I had posted something on actually going into the file that holds the information and manually changing it. Will have to look it up.