enhance tinyMCE

Perhaps it’s possible, but couldn’t find it. I miss the oportunity to allocate image directories. It would be great if I could upload pictures and then just point to them in tinyMCE. Now I have to enter full url…

Hello Mr. Drent,

A filepicker for images, or if you could just pick an image that you previously inserted on an application?

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

In fact in a way that a cms works. You can upload files to configured directories. Then Tiny is able to find them if it is configured to use the same directories. There are plugins within Tiny to upload files, but this one is not used within scriptcase. I can understand that as it is a security risk. But if you know what you are doing…

Hi all,

Another possibility is to use a different editor like ckeditor. I managed to implement this on a textbox by inserting this at onApplicationInit (definition is the textbox to replace):

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';
echo "<script>
    window.onload = function() {
        CKEDITOR.replace( 'definition' );
    };
</script>";

I did not manage to retrieve the changed content and save it to the database yet. The data is not in the default POST response… Any tips are welcome.

Bert

If You need the data in the POST then you have to call the ‘updateElement’ method at the change-Event of that element.
Even this here in the forum is the ckEditor and it is working.

So I found out how everything works (also ckFinder an so on) and it is easy to integrate into scriptCase,
but if You want to embed ckEditor into a system where your customers will use it, You will need an Enterprise-License.

:frowning:

So for now, I will switch back to tiny MCE, putting this picture upload dialog into the system.

espi

Hi espi,

Could you please point me to where in the forum this is discussed? Thanks!

PS: Been away from SC for a while…

Bert