Enough is enough!

Hello. Since the last update, the record buttons no longer work, without having changed anything. After going 3 months without a calendar … I pass on the other many bugs. We are not children, we are a society. Goodbye SCRIPTCASE, we have enough played and lost enough time with your so called software.

3 Likes

Hello,
i fully understand your situation. Also we decided to stop with SC.
This mainly because the result is not really state of the art “iFrame technology” , a lot of missing features in PDF export , problems etc.
And at least very high maintenance cost per year + additional support cost !
From 10 support tickets we bough, 1 could be solved via SC support, all the other we created work arounds by ourself.
At that time we decided to go back to MS-VS + additional frameworks…
It is a pity because the idea and the concept is really good… but improvements and integration of new technologies are missing.

2 Likes

If you can revert back to C# that’s a luxury. Otherwise there are other tools like SC you might be interested in. It’s not ethical to mention them all here, but a google for bootstrap php ide application generator shows several php alternatives.

you right that there is a lot of work which has to be done to have perfect product, but on the other hand you have in one package almost everything you need for web development. There is not so many tools like this so just keep fingers crossed to development team to plug all holes.

2 Likes

I know, I have a 10 user license and we have a huge codebase that is not easily converted. But I am working with Scriptcase since version 5.6 or something like that and the lack of quality control, beta testing, security issues that took forever to have it fixed, poor - very poor - communication (in English) with end-users. I’m not that hopeful. We never implement a new release immediately to be safe, always make a full binary backup so that we can revert back if we run into trouble as above, and we test all our applications very carefully after each move which is why we upgrade around 2 times a year max.For basic stuff Scriptcase is fine and a potential great product. It’s the organization behind it, that ruins it, unfortunately. But still, there are competitors out there and everybody needs to make his own judgment, but some come very close, if not better, depending on what features you require.

2 Likes

@Ales_Vychodil, @aducom you are right. Before i used CodechargeStudio for the web and Clarion for desktop dev and Synon for AS/400. There isn’t a lot of software like SC. Yes it’s not perfect and sometimes i lost some days for a minor change. Lot of works is doing by SC. But nobody is perfect :slight_smile:

Guy
v9.6.006

1 Like

I spent 20 years with Lotus Domino and trust me, that even there were tons of problems and disfunctions and nobody solved them. When the cup overflows and there were no future - 5 years and no upgrade, I have migrated all agendas to Scriptcase and it works. Yes - you sometime spend a lot of time to find workaround, you have to go lower to code cause the standard macro doesn’t work as expected, is hard to debug the code and so on, but finally it works. And works fast and stable. Maybe they should find an investor which would help them to move on and make the product more competitive, but we’will see. You definitelly have much more experince and more disapointments with Scriptcase than me, but after 4 years a many problems I wouldn’t change it. Firstly I don’t want to migrate everything again and secondly I didn’t find comparable product. Good luck :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have been using SC since version 4.
It has progressed a lot in terms of functionality but support is always the same.
Poor english, bad communication, poor bug fixing even for those who are paying for support tickets, documentation outdated and badly translated, and some long lasting unresolved issues like global variable parameters in/out & get/post/session which still confuse me after so many years.

1 Like

hi,
also after 11 years of scriptcase I decided to look for another solution, obviously I will continue to keep the old projects but all the new ones I no longer intend to use SC, the assistance is non-existent, the steps forward made in 11 years are very few, now the product is slowly dying. a revolution is needed

Just update my sc 9.4.32 to 9.6.8
I updated after having ignored the previous ones due to more or less serious problems.
We have 6 licenses, dozens of completed projects and a lot of metabolized anger.
We develop with many other products and it is always the same every time.
A leap in the dark hoping that those who should give us the tools to do our job know how to do it well.
Change product? Always possible.
But who guarantees that the choice will be an improvement? Just visit other forums to realize how much dissatisfaction there is.
We have decided to give some more opportunities to improve.
Everyone makes their own choices.
I wish everyone a good job.

1 Like

How is it looking after the update?

Seems ok. But we are testing all projects to be sure.

1 Like

@gbravi: we are in the same boat. Loads of projects and codebases. However, we do look around for other solutions as well. It is always good to view options as the demands of our users changes (like responsiveness) and the lack of support and quality control is not going to change in the upcoming 10 years as it hasn’t improved over the last 10 years. Despite that, we can’t and will not abandon SC, but new projects remains to be seen. If you don’t look around then you are stuck in your solution. I would not call that progress. There are interesting solutions out there, in PHP and other environments as well.

2 Likes

Hello. Since the last update, the buttons work perfectly again. I don’t understand a thing.

1 Like

The tool is good, with bugs like any other. It is everyone’s duty to do our part to obtain the expected results.
We SCRIPTCASE users need the SCRIPTCASE support staff to become more involved in these forums to resolve situations for all of us.

2 Likes

Alvagar, you are an old time user like I am. I agree, the product is fine, but support is close to none. It always has been and always will be I’m afraid…

2 Likes

I would like to add that it would help if we could hold live clinics. (zoom would be great)
We could openly share what works and what doesn’t and find workarounds.
I bet all of us have our own goto tips and tricks that would be useful for existing and new projects.
If someone from Scriptcase (with good English) wanted to attend as developer support then brilliant, but it would not be essential.

1 Like

I agree.
I never paid for support from NekMake because support for what are clearly bugs shoudn’t be optional if we already pay for sw maintenance. Also, I received much better feedback and actual bug fixing for free software or for software that cost a fraction of what SC cost.

I’ll stick around, but that’s mainly because sw development is far from being my core business.
If that was the case, I would defintely look for more modern and reliabile alternatives.

1 Like

That is something that I have proposed ages ago. But personally, I have moved to another tooling, and for the University I work for, the projects have GDPR issues and cannot be shared. But generally, I think it’s a great idea.

the google search term return an interesting result on top. mobile responsive view is something that i wish scriptcase can improve but this new tool website feature listing looks promising( retina display and highly responsive mobile…) . i am gonna download and evaluate it soon. thank you so much. btw i still need scriptcase because it offer more database option compared to the new tool which enterprise will need such as oracle. but for new project i will stick to maria db or postgres.