Errors in install.php

Hello,

I followed all steps in the installation process. When I execute install.php, when I reach into “System folder” , I get this error:

It was not possible to find the php.ini file. The ScriptCase license will not be saved and you might not be able to generate your applications. Configure your PHP to use an ini file and make sure ScriptCase has permission to modify it.

The installation seems to complete successfully and I seem to be able to run the application, but I get random PHP errors like this:

is_file() [function.is-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/etc/php.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs:/tmp) | Script: /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/scriptcase/devel/class/page/nmPageInstall.class.php linha: 1241

Re: Errors in install.php

Seems like a rights issue. Also, have you verified the path/files?

you could change the rights of dirs/files using this from the app root.
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;

I am not sure if any if the DIR’s require 777

Also check the owner.

from the terminal:
$ tree -p -u -d > sc_dirs.txt
$ nano sc_dirs.txt

$ tree -p -u > sc_files.txt
$ nano sc_files.txt

perhaps you could use this to locate the problem.

Regards,
Scott

Re: Errors in install.php

Hi,

thank you for your response and sorry about taking so long to answer.

It was effectively a pemisssion issue. I was running on a virtual host and there were some obscure virtual server restrictions avoiding php to access some of the files. I solved the issue.

Now I moved to a dedicated server and installation went smooth and without errors. However now I’m facing a bug generating the form applications. I have posted a description in the bugs section, I hope some of the programmers can provide some directions on how to adress the issue.