Errors when update to new versiones

There is a very unpleasant situation that arises every time we update SCRIPTCASE to a new version.
The problem is that in this new version, many errors appear that prevent us from updating the new changes to the current production environment. and we cannot update it because the applications that are working well would stop doing so.

1 Like

Black Friday was approaching and pocket is more important than the clients/users.

I missed a lot of time with the new updates.

I’ve been working with SC since version 5 dot something, and every time after a new release, it is packed with bugs as the Dev team expects the end-users to test the product for them. If you are on a client project, never update immediately, but wait until most issues are fixed. Before update, do a full binary backup so you can revert, if possible, install the new version besides your own environment. At the university of Groningen I work for, we have two separate licenses, so we can do a full test on new versions before we migrate all our projects. We also use the secundairy licenses if we have to fix something in production while we also work on new versions. But that is not a luxury that everybody has. But no, if a new version comes out, we wait at least a couple of months before considering upgrading. After all, after each upgrade you have to test your projects fully, so we don’t follow each upgrade. We simply cannot afford mishaps in our applications.

1 Like

I also have 2 licenses, for the same reasons.

1 Like

For myself, I didn’t have any issue updating my current applications to version 9.10 with the new menu as well. Deployed it to two clients so far, no negative feedback from them so far. I’ve been with SC since 2016 started with Version 8. and I’m so pleased with either update and progress.

Just contact the dev team and see how they can fix your issues.

1 Like