Evaluating scriptcase

Hi,

I am new to scriptcase, haven’t spend too much time on scriptcase
i dont have any experience in php but have over 20 years of database programming in other development language.
I might need to do custom coding .
I was wondering any body can advise ? Pros and Cons using scriptcase ?
It seems a lot of complain regarding version 9.6 bugs and tech support…

I think that the forum doesn’t lie. That doesn’t mean that the product is bad though. However, support is close to none, and the best help you can get is using this forum. Just try the product out. And look at competitors as well. Take a trial and see what you find best for your needs.

Hy.

SC is a pretty good product.
It is well suited if you need to create CRUD web based apps.
We have developed an in house complete ERP system using SC, based on several hundreds database tables and views.

Nevertheless there are pros and cons in using SC.

You still need to know how to program in PHP HTML Javascript and SQL in order to get the best out of it.

It has bugs especially when new versions come out even if not as many as you can read in the forum. Some of the ‘bugs’ in the forum are actually due to lack of SQL/PHP knowledge and cannot be accounted as internal SC bugs.

Support is poor and slow to answer even if you pay for it and there is absolutely no intention from Netmake management to change this. It has been like this since ever and I personally think this is the most irritating cons of SC because it seems they dont care about customers.

The documentation is poor and badly translated into english.

The pros is that developing web based database apps is very fast.
It is like using Microsoft Access for PHP.

1 Like