Exporting.. Is there a way to do it manually?

Hi there-

I’m new to SC. I started working on a small project on the trial edition on my laptop… And now I want to install ScriptCase on my server at work… But I can’t export my project in the trial edition! How can I manually export those files? Because I’m only installing a paid license on my office’s server.

Also- I’m a bit surprised that ScriptCase would disable export for a trial… Is this a sign of bad things to come?

[QUOTE=cyman;12103]Hi there-

I’m new to SC. I started working on a small project on the trial edition on my laptop… And now I want to install ScriptCase on my server at work… But I can’t export my project in the trial edition! How can I manually export those files? Because I’m only installing a paid license on my office’s server.

Also- I’m a bit surprised that ScriptCase would disable export for a trial… Is this a sign of bad things to come?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. The problem is that a bad-intentioned developers/companies would be able to have several people working on the same project with just one license. That wouldn’t be fair to our current customers that pay licenses and connections according to the number of people working on projects.

Please get in touch with our sales team (sales [at] scriptcase.net) and they will provide you a license to export those applications that you developed on your computer, and then, another one so you can work on your office server.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Ok, thanks.

Also- I’m a bit surprised that ScriptCase would disable export for a trial… Is this a sign of bad things to come?

You could always just VPN to your work network. That’s how i work away from the office with Scriptcase.

I don’t know why SC crippled the export function. I guess it would open a way to have multiuser development on one licence. Just a thought. If you buy scriptcase then you can install it on your laptop. Export your applications and then move the licence to your server and import. To register you will have to make an account at scriptcase.net and there you can request for a new install. It’s an automated procedure.