Fialed odbc connection

Hi All of You and Happy to join in. I’m new to scriptcase and I’m using v 7.1 and tried to make connection to ms access and its working
The problem is when I tried to connect to ODBC, I followed the instructions and got [Connection Error,odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect].
I’m tring to connect to dbase file that is connected to other files in ArcMap with dbf extension, I tried all kind of dbf in adminstrative tools odbc and when trying to connect I got the same answer. I don’t know what is wrong. could any one help me or give me some extra instruction to be able to connect to my dbf database.
Ali

The first question is if you can connect by ‘hand’. Assuming you are for example on windows, can you get database net to work? Or something like http://sourceforge.net/projects/odbcquerytool/ ?
There you can find out the details for your settings. Some databases need a seperate client installed. And the oracle client delivered with scriptcase doesnt really work on every occasion, for that you are better of installing the full oracle client and setting up the tnsnames.ora properly.

[QUOTE=rr;17706]The first question is if you can connect by ‘hand’. Assuming you are for example on windows, can you get database net to work? Or something like http://sourceforge.net/projects/odbcquerytool/ ?
There you can find out the details for your settings. Some databases need a seperate client installed. And the oracle client delivered with scriptcase doesnt really work on every occasion, for that you are better of installing the full oracle client and setting up the tnsnames.ora properly.[/QUOTE]
I also think so. The full Oracle client will definitely help in such a case.

You absolutely need the full odbc client. And you MUST be aware of the oci and the ociw32 dll’s. Scriptcase delivers other versions. So simply back them up, and copy the ones from your full client to your scriptcase dir OR add the oracle client bin directory to your system path.
Not all oracle connections work well with the oracle instant client (e.g. with WEBISO8859P15 for example)