Form buttons not working (add new, save, delete)

Ok, still evaluating SC, and so far, I like it a lot.

I created a form that has the standard 3 buttons at the bottom: Add New, Save, Delete.

Add New & Delete work on the form FINE, until… I hit SAVE. Then no buttons on the page work, including navigation at the top.

No error message displays, just seems form freezes (I can still edit fields, but NO buttons work).

I’m not sure where to begin to figure this out, as I do not want to have to recreate this form now…

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Form buttons not working (add new, save, delete)

Hello Chris,

Is this a simple application or do you have any php method running? I suggest you to debug event by event, commenting all of them to see if your application works.

If the application continues not to work, contact our support as an installation problem and we will guide you from there.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Very simple app. Nothing special, just blocks set up. All other forms work. How can I debug? I did not see that listed in any help on how to accomplish that. Like I said, all buttons work, until I hit SAVE, then nothing works (except EXIT which I realize still works). Navigation stops, etc.

Thank you!

set primary key

Primary key is set. Delete works fine, just cannot Save. Its like it freezes the buttons.

I double checked table is set properly with key and unique key is also set in SC.

Ok, here is something more:

If the form is set to Multiple records instead of single record, SAVE works! Seems to be only in SINGLE mode it is not.

I tried DEBUG on, and no messages or changes occur.

Hello,

As Wait For SC6 said, check if the primary fields on your DB are the same within your application.

If your application still does not work, please contact our support.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I’ve contacted your support, and that has been hopeless unfortunately. They state they do not have any problem with my code.

Here is the problem!

I’m getting an ajax error (not my function, it is one built by scriptcase):

document.F1.elements[sFieldName].value is undefined
[Break On This Error] return document.F1.elements[sFieldName].value.replace(/[+]/g, “NM_PLUS”);

I’m attaching my php script. The full function that is failing is:

function scAjaxGetFieldText(sFieldName)
{
$oHidden = $(“input[name=” + sFieldName + “]”);
if ($oHidden.length)
{
for (var i = 0; i < $oHidden.length; i++)
{
if (“hidden” == $oHidden[i].type && $oHidden[i].form && $oHidden[i].form.name && “F1” == $oHidden[i].form.name)
{
return $oHidden[i].value.replace(/[+]/g, “NM_PLUS”);
}
}
}
$oField = $("#id_sc_field_" + sFieldName);
if ($oField.length && “select” != $oField[0].type.substr(0, 6))
{
return $oField.val().replace(/[+]/g, “NM_PLUS”);
}
else if (document.F1.elements[sFieldName])
{
return document.F1.elements[sFieldName].value.replace(/[+]/g, “NM_PLUS”);
}
else
{
return ‘’;
}
} // scAjaxGetFieldText

I cannot determine which field is the problem. But this is when I click SAVE and it freezes all of the other buttons.

Anyone have an idea??

Well, ok… figured out the problem!!!

Scriptcase keeps changing my TINYINT fields (defined as Integer in SC) from RADIO buttons back to Integer. I don’t know why this keeps happening, but that is the problem.

Hi Chris,
I have tinyint fields in some of my tables - I want to use them for enable/disable flags. Is there anything I should watch out for? I haven’t made apps with those tables yet…
Jamie

Just watch for SC to change from radio fields back to.interference randomly. Haven’t narrowed down when its happening. If you have an edit form and buttons act buzzard, that’s why. Of course their support couldn’t figure it out.

Hi, correct, the same thing was happening to me, and I have version 9.9.007 (4), I changed the data types from int(1),int(2) to int(10), so that it would not detect me in TINYINT and the problem seems to be solved. With all due respect, the support received by SC is very bad on their part, on this occasion I did not even try to send the query, because nothing is achieved.