Forum is helpful - thank you everyone! And a SC7 question about 7.00.0004.

Hi everyone,
This forum has really become much more useful lately. When I started using SC, it was back at the end of SC5->SC6. There were hardly any people posting, except for some guy name Scott, who woudl try to help everyone as much as he could. Now I se more users (some of you are super users :slight_smile: ) , as well as more replies by helpful SC staff.

If anything will make SC a better success, as well as a more powerful tool for all of us, is this forum.

I know SC is not open source, so the community is not always as open as I am used to, having been using Python, PHP, Plone, Wordpress, and all sorts of other open source projects and forums. BUT now it seems like people are trying to help each other out here much more.

QUESTION - I see another SC7 update has come out (7.00.0004). I would like people’s opinions about stability of SC7 at this point. I would like to upgrade but I have been frankly waiting for updates to clear whatever bugs appeared with the SC7 release. I am looking for honest assessments here, as I would not mind being able to make ribbon menus and some other SC7 enhancements, but I can’t afford a big problem with the projects I have going in SC6. I have like 160 apps in one project alone.

Thanks for any ideas,
Peace,
Jamie

Hey Jamie,

I can’t speak for other people, but it is my practice not to use any system for production when it is still in the early stages after the initial release. Not only ScriptCase, but any development system. I believe it is still too early. I upgraded to start getting the feel and understanding of new features, but nothing has been put into production yet.

This is only my opinion. Others my have different ideas.

HTH,
Ted Berry

Hello Jamie,

Are you aware that you can go back a version if you feel that a certain SC release is too unstable?

All you have to do is a manual update on your SC.

To download older versions, simply change the url link.

http://downloads.netmake.com.br/downloads/v7/packs/scriptcase-7.0.004-en_us.zip

And in case you miss the warnings at the top:

• WARNING: NEVER DELETE THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALLED YOUR SCRIPTCASE.
  • Backup your SC (Options->Settings)

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann