Generic ODBC

How to use Generic ODBC.
I have a license for MySql but I want to use the “Generic ODBC”
How to do that?

Bert Steinebach

[QUOTE=ctmservice;26173]How to use Generic ODBC.
I have a license for MySql but I want to use the “Generic ODBC”
How to do that?

Bert Steinebach[/QUOTE]

You can’t.
For ODBC you need, obviously, full professional version or Enterprise, don’t remember right now if both, or just enterprise (I’m out of office)

AFAIK Generic ODBC is not supported by Scriptcase. At least it’s not on the products page.

Its not in product page but is an option available in Enterprise

It is in 7 but in 8? Not on https://www.scriptcase.net/buy-scriptcase

Yes. Problem is ODBC connection is not shown in this page. But it’s there.

Captura.JPG

The generic ODBC is indeed shown in the image.That’s why I was asking for it.
Would be great when connecting with other databases by ODBC. So how to get it.
In my case I want to connect with MS-SQL express 2014.
I tried to do it with a script, but without succes. As well as an direct connectionstring as well as with DNS (odbc).
Strange thing is that when I put the same script in een php-editor (I use NuSphere PHP) then it works fine.
So it can be that SC blocks this because of commercial reasons. Because of the need to upgrade to a license with as well MySQL as MySQL.
Who can help with a script in SC for the connection?

Regards, Bert

Upgrade to get connector you need is all the help I suggest.

hi guys, can anyone just give me a hint how it will work with ODBC? i have a server that have ODBC connection to external MSSQL server, works fine, and i have mysql server on this “physcial” server, will, if i build something on sc and put on this “physical” server will allow me to use this connection to connect to the remote MSSQL or i have to have the direct connection details in order to connect to the remote server?? anybody can explain this to me, because it is yet dull i can’t understand how this invention works :smiley:

Hallo Giu,

I understand the upgrade.
But still I donot understand why I cannot make a connection over PHP.
There must be something different in SC-PHP and working with PHP scripts outside SC

Bert

[QUOTE=ctmservice;26521]Hallo Giu,

I understand the upgrade.
But still I donot understand why I cannot make a connection over PHP.
There must be something different in SC-PHP and working with PHP scripts outside SC

Bert[/QUOTE]

You can do an ODBC connection using PHP, SC don’t limits to this, but you can’t integrate with SC objects (grid, forms, and so on) For this you need to create a SC connection, and for ODBC you need Enterprise. You can from PHp code do a OdBc connection and whatever you want, but you must establish all data for connection and manipulation of information (http://php.net/manual/es/book.uodbc.php )

Itsme3. ODBC is an standard for connection to databases (please, take this words just as conceptual for explanation). You have DSN pointing to a database and you can use it form anywhere (PHP, excel, Visual Basic, and so on). Said this, yes, you can use it from SC to retrieve or post data to your MsSQL database. Odbc is another layer, normally, is slower than using native drivers.