Getting focus on master form in menu tab after processing record in detail grid via blank application

Hi,

shot to nothing … I am communicating with Support regarding a project I’m building to facilitate users with data migration from 2 old applications to 1 new. I thought “why not trow it in the group?”.

So 3 tables:
Table A = customer table old application 1
Table B = customer table old application 2
Table C = customer table with data from A and B where the user selects which occurence will be exported to the new application.
I wanted to do that in a dashboard but it seems that the “WHERE” clause in forms has a character of its own and so this is not an option (even with a variable in the SQL part of the form strange things happen).

I’m now working with a form and a master/detail setup in the form.

In the form is a customer record from table A and in the detail block a grid with possible matches (from table B) for that customer record.

Matches are calculated in the beginning of the application based on VATnr or SOUNDEX of the name or address.

In that detail grid there is on every record a button (field link) to a blank application which does some processing with that record (insert into table C and link in table A and B to table C).

After the processing is done I have to get back focus on the master form, and preferably on the next record because the current record will not be ok following the where clause (because it’s processed clicking the link). The where clause is something like “show only not-processed customers” (so where the link to table C is 0).

How can I do that?

The form is open in a menu tab … (I know the iframe name).

And a second question: would it be possible that – after the processing link is clicked in de detail grid – the master form refreshes (and goes to the next record) AND we open (or activate when it is already opened) another menu item (from the same menu): another form application to further process the “processed” record. I explain: when we click the link in the detail grid we say to the application: “the customer record in the master form is now linked with the record in the detail grid, from these 2 customers a new merge-record is created in table C and the application I want to start (or open and refresh) is a form that processes these records of table C).

Maybe a bit confusing if you’re not the creator :blush: but I hope that you get the picture: a record from table A is “linked” to a record in table B and from these 2 records 1 new record is created in table C. Further processing is merely indicating for every field wich table is leading (table A of table B).

Curious there are wizards out there who can help me :slight_smile:
Much appreciated anyway (even for reading this).

regards,
Patrick