Global SC installation

I need to instal SC the way that I can access it globally from any browser, and any place. From what I have learned so far there are few choices. I have multiple domain hosting with cPanel control, but have not much experience with Linux, and I’m not sure how to install it on my hosting server (especially ZendServer). My other option is that I can designate one of my PCs at the office to run as a SC server, but the question is if I should use Linux or Windows Server ?
Since I’m not so god in Linux administration I would like to know how complicated is the process, or perhaps I sould go with WindowsServer2003 + IIS.
I have asked NetMake about any instructions on how to do either installation but did not get much information.

Art

Re: Global SC installation

You could install it in either way. If you are comfortable with Windows and know how to run a windows web server, then I’d go that route. If you install it on your office computer, with the webserver, you could open a port on your router and forward port 80 (or which ever you designate) to your windows server and access it from anywhere using the IP address of your server/work network.

Again, like I’ve said before, I have mine set up on a Linux server VPS that costs about $5-10 a month and can access anywhere there is internet. You could always pay someone to set this up for you also, if you asked someone.

Thanks for you sugestions,…

my provider charges about $50/mo for VPS, so this is a little to high for me at the moment, and I don’t want to change provider (for they give great service). Also for the learning and testing purposes I would like to install it on WindowsServer 2003.
Now,… I do not see any information how to setup SC on WindowsServer. I assume that having WinServer I need to install Apache + PHP, and this is done along with the SC installation. The SC installs in particular folder, so how would I map that folder, so it is accessable through the web URL ?

Arthur

for Windows yes… I’m thinking you really don’t need a “Windows Server” edition, any windows version because Apache will be the web server. And in essence, you would just install SC into the www folder or whichever the default is.

Thanks for suggestions.

QUESTION 1:
since I have SC already installed (WinXP/SP3), is it OK if I just move the SC folder contents to www folder, or I need to uninstall/reinstall it ?

QUESTION 2: would it work the same way on WinXP as on Win7/Pro ?

Art

Hello,

[quote author=aklisiewicz link=topic=5881.msg14805#msg14805 date=1328414242]
Thanks for suggestions.

QUESTION 1:
since I have SC already installed (WinXP/SP3), is it OK if I just move the SC folder contents to www folder, or I need to uninstall/reinstall it ?[/quote]

No, first you need to backup all your projects/applications on Options --> Settings --> Backups. Then download Scriptcase.ZIP from our site, and install it on your new server. Now simply restore Options --> Settings --> Restore your backup and start working.

Yes. Just make sure to set read, write and execute permissions to your SC folder.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann