Greyed out menu entries in deployed project

This problem has been reported a number of times on this forum and as far as I can see it has always been rectified by deselecting ‘Use Security’ within Form Settings → Security in the errant apps. For some reason this has reared it’s ugly head in one of my projects with 50+ applications. The first thing I checked was the ‘Use Security’ option and this was not selected on any of the apps.

Before I continue I can confirm that all is working perfectly well in the dev environment and was working perfecting well in the prod environment until recently. Apart from updating Scriptcase nothing has been changed in this project.

I am running Scriptcase version 9.6.015.

I thought I would try a little experiment. I created a new application and went through each setting to create an exact copy of an original form, one that wouldn’t appear on the menu. Apart from the name everything was identical, apart from one thing that I will come to later. I added the new form to the menu and deployed both the new form and menu. In the prod environment the menu option for the new form is active whereas the menu option for the original form is not.

I waded through all of the settings for each form, old and new, and could only find one difference. In the original form under Application → Settings the application code is using version 9.06.0007, whereas in the newly created identical form the version is 9.06.0015. Is this a red herring and is only indicating the software version when the form was first created or is it the root of the problem (if it is how to solve it).

I don’t want to have to manually recreate 50+ apps. Any help or advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just a stab in the dark… but on the menu components Settings… check out these two:

Hide Menu Items
and
Always Show the items

Thank you for the suggestion. I had checked these and they were set correctly.

The plot thickens though. As mentioned in my original post I can recreate the original form or grid, albeit with a different name, add it to the menu and it is accessible from the menu after being deployed.

Take one of my grids for example. It is called grid_products. I created an exact copy called grid_products_1. The original version is greyed out after being deployed whereas the grid_products_1 version is accessible. If I rename grid_products to grid_products_old and grid_products_1 to grid_products, recompile and deploy grid_products it appears greyed out even though it appeared before with a different name. I have deleted and recreated the menu but the same behaviour as described above repeats itself.

To get my project back on track I’m just going to rename all the problem forms/grids. Clearly there is something within Scriptcase that has disabled certain filenames.

Perhaps when things are quieter I will look deeper into the problem.

1 Like