Hosting sites

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions. Right now, I guess I am a taker, but later I hope to be a giver.

I have not yet done this, but it was implied I that I could. Install SC on a hosting site and work from there instead of using it on one computer.

I have a Linux sever(ubunto) and the means to get a hosted site from a provider.

May I ask for suggestions of hosting sites and methods to do this.

I am brand new to SC and have the enterprise edition to work with.

Dave

SC is a development system which works within a webbrowser. It installs with it’s own webserver and php, at least in windows. So yes, you can install it on a webhost but useually a webhost will not allow you to install webservers etc. Useually php and mysql is preinstalled. So if you want to run SC on a hosting party you should get access to a dedicated or a virtual webserver with root access. Then you will be able to install your own configuration. Fortunately virtual servers have become payable lately.

Scriptcase 7 - Installation on ISP hosting.

• On Scriptcase load and just after inserting and accepting Scriptcase user and password, Scriptcase is opened as expected but a second window notifiying an error is shown. The error text is:
    ‘exec() has been disabled for security reasons | Script: /home/domain_name/domains/domain_name.com/public_html/scriptcase7/devel/class/interface/nmTrashClean.class.php linha: 268’

• License Registration

• After writing de license number and pressing register button next message is shown and no registration is appliyed:
    ‘It was not possible to generate the machine ID. Check the execution permissions of the zendid file in the scriptcase/devel/lib/third/zend/ directory.’

• Using ‘Try Online Registration’ we obtain this message:
    Activity on navigator during a few seconds ('Waiting domain_name_where_scriptcase_is installed)
    Finally the message disapeer and nothing is done.

• Grids / Export / PDF
    PDF files generated on ISP can’t be opened by pdf readers. Internal file structure seems to be wrong.
    Scriptcase tested in local computer installation generates files that may be opened.
    (Same wrong PDF files are obtained too in production enviroment in this ISP and all others where we are installing Scriptcase projects).

Yes, that is to be expected afaik. ISP’s run their own webserver and database etc… I expect it would run on a virtual private server as you have the admin rights.

Hi,
actually it shouldn’t be a problem (well, may be speedwise). At least it works with ***and I see no reason why it shouldn’t work with others.

First, check the requirements as per instructions on SC download page (especially the Zend Guard Loader). It might be necessary to create a local php.ini file for it in your document root.

Second, download either the .zip or .tgz file (not the whole kaboodle) at the end of the download page and extract it in your document root and rename the folder to something easier (ie. scriptcase).

Third, in your browser go to www.yousite.com/scriptcase and finish the installation (you have to have green checkmarks all over). Don’t forget to check and most likely alter the system folders in the Settings menu.

Register your installation and you are good to go.

Cheers
jsb

Hi. First, congrats on an enterprise license. I just have one.

I only run my development system on my laptop, but it should be able to work on a hosted server IMHO. My advice is to get one like webfaction.com I have used them for like 7 years or so and they are the programmers best friend as far as I am concerned. They have tons of programmers on there, so are super friendly to Python, PHP and all sorts of other stuff. You can start with a cheap account and see if it works. Their support is top notch. They get back to you ASAP. I have had them help me at 3am with no problem. I also run ideas past them about compatibility, scaling and projects I am programming - they have great real-world experience.

I am 99.999% certain SC development system would work on there. I never have problems running my finished apps there.

Peace,
Jamie

I just ran a php script on my main site and got a complete readout. It has php, MySQL, SQLite, and most every thing else needed by sc7 already there and is very quick. I should check the 37.00 a year sites too(same host). Most of my clients are on those. I can see they are capable of most.

It is a 77.00 a year host server, with plenty of everything. ***
I intend to open a new account just for production as soon as I catch up with current work.

Hello, i’m using a host that has the function Exec enabled to run the PDF, register scriptcase. JRE is no longer required on version 7. It’s new company, so they’re giving a month free. I used this coupon code:I hope it’s help.

I think I will stay with ***. Has more of what I need and costs less.

This is the pro
comes with php, almoat any sql server, sqlite ok, on linux, and much more
from $5.95/mo
100 GB RAID Protected
Unlimited
26 sites
100+ apps with 1-click install available from cpanel
POP3/IMAP/SMTP + Webmail
1 mo $7.45/mo 12 mo $6.45/mo Save 13% 1 year $77.40
24 mo $5.95/mo Save 20% 2 years $142.80
I have had 0 problems with them in several years. They have always been super resposive to my questions as well.

[QUOTE=davem;15217]I think I will stay with namecheap. Has more of what I need and costs less.

This is the pro
comes with php, almoat any sql server, sqlite ok, on linux, and much more
from $5.95/mo
100 GB RAID Protected
Unlimited
26 sites
100+ apps with 1-click install available from cpanel
POP3/IMAP/SMTP + Webmail
1 mo $7.45/mo 12 mo $6.45/mo Save 13% 1 year $77.40
24 mo $5.95/mo Save 20% 2 years $142.80
I have had 0 problems with them in several years. They have always been super resposive to my questions as well.[/QUOTE]

Its really cheap. This server enables you to run Exec functions? To run the PDF, register the ScriptCase? Or you only deploy the applications there?

I just setup a ***web hosting site using their Economy web hosting plan. They currently have it on sale for $2.99/mo for 12 months including a domain name registration. The disk stoarage is limited to 100gb and 10 databases. You can manage the php.ini file and enable Zend guard loader. I installed scriptcase using the manual installation and it worked perfectly the first time. It’s extreemly fast and the perfect development hosting environment.

Paul

john,

I just plan to deploy there. I don’t know about the exec functions at all. PDf is fine. do anything I want with the php.ini etc. They have about 100 side apps for free if they are useful for you.

Hello,

I’m trying to install Scriptcase 7.1 in hosted environment. I have to configure and create php.ini file. Could someone explain to me the steps to do this and / or give me an example of the php.ini file I could use? Would be nice.

Thanks, kind regards, Ernst
E-mail: prowerk@xs4all.nl

[QUOTE=eandree;16279]Hello,

I’m trying to install Scriptcase 7.1 in hosted environment. I have to configure and create php.ini file. Could someone explain to me the steps to do this and / or give me an example of the php.ini file I could use? Would be nice.

Thanks, kind regards, Ernst
E-mail: prowerk@xs4all.nl[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Please contact our support regarding this issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm (GMT -3), and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann