How do I connect Scriptcase 8.1 with mysql database on WAMPSERVER?

Hi

I have just installed Scriptcase 8.1 on my laptop. I already have WAMPSERVER running and have created a mysql database I am trying to connect to. However I keep getting the following error:

Connection Error
Connection attempt failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Please can someone tell me what I need to change in order to get this to work? I am assuming it has something to do with the apache config file??

It is pointing that somehow MySQL service is not running. Check your Services console and confirm that the service is not running. If it is not running try to start and see what is the error. Possibly the path the the mysql.exe is wrong.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Wampserver shows all services running absolutely fine and I am able to access all my previous php / MySQL applications I have built without scriptcase via Localhost on port 80. Scriptcase is installed separately on 127.0.0.1 port 3306 and so I am guessing I need to ‘allow all’ or ‘allow from 127.0.0.1’ in a configure file somewhere?

As a general question how do most of you install MySQL on Windows? I am very surprised if I am the first to be trying to connect scriptcase to a MySQL database using wampserver.

You are not the First , just open wamp and make sure mysql is up, is all. This works out of the box in 90% of situations

I have done this numerous times without any hassle. Which version of Wamp are you using, that with php 7? Then go back to php 5.6. Since phpMyAdmin is installed with Wamp, does that work properly?

Thanks very much for the responses.

I am using WampServer Version 3.0.0 64bit with PHP version 5.6.16. This is installed on my windows 10 laptop in c:/wamp64 and yes PHPMYADMIN works absolutely fine and I can access all my other localhost alias projects.

I have installed Scriptcase 8.1 using the default install and apache config settings:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81
Apache configuration:
port 8081
email admin admin@example.com
apache domain DESKTOP-H4GOO96

Any help much appreciated

Since it’s a mysql error, it might have to do something with your localhost setup. Are you using ‘localhost’ in your connection specs then try to set 127.0.0.1 instead or the other way around. I think that will solve your issue. Try to use PDO connection too.

Is mysql user root with password? Just thriwing ideas…

Hi guys

With wampserver running I have tried to make a connection to MySQL within scriptcase but still with the same connection error problem.

I have tried all combinations of:

• PDO and transactional
  • Localhost and 127.0.0.1
  • port 3306 and 80
  • root (with password setup with phpmyadmin)

I have also reinstalled wampserver and scriptcase 3 times and tried disabling my antivirus and firewall but still without any success.

Which version of wampserver do you guys use? Are there any better alternatives / guides for setting up MySQL as I need to start building my scriptcase application.

Is the connection error I posted definitely a MySQL error and not a php or Apache error? My searches online seem to suggest I need to ‘bind’ the IP address within a config file or ‘allow’ all. However I don’t have any idea where to try this in the config files. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Solved it! I forgot that I also have Zonealarm installed and under the program controls php.exe and zendid.exe had restricted traffic.
All working fine now. Thanks for the help though guys!