How to display a multi line field as multi line on the pdf

Hi All,

I have a field that houses an address. It is a multi-line field on works fine in a form.

When I try to place it onto a PDF report, it only shows me the result as a single line.

Do you know what I need to do to get it correctly displayed.

Thanks

Tony

Try changing the type to html editor
And see if it changes it in the pdf

I had same issue when I was sending email results also

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I looked for the data type HTML Editor but could not locate it under data types for the field. Have I misunderstood what you meant?

Thanks

Tony

It is there… Under Special

Capture.JPG

Thanks, but I still cannot see that in the pdf report application.

I cannot see any “block” references in that application as indicated in your image shown.

The code section shows sc_pdf_print_mult($cell_customer_address, 4.2333333333); but I can find no reference to this macro/function in any documentation.

Tony

OK Kdriscoll, I see what you mean. I must set the field type in the form as HTML Editor, and then the multi line works fine in the PDF report. That is great for fields like terms of payment, or a footer, but to enter an address in a HTML Editor does not not very good. I may just have to make the address into multi fields and then make up a HTML string after I retrieve that address into the PDF report and allocate it to a local multi line field for display.

Thanks for your help.

PS. apologies if I seem to have gone to great lengths to explain this - but I might need it as a reference again in the future :slight_smile:

That is exactly what I do for addresses…
You gotta split them up to be able to format inside a pdf, and I actually always split up my address. you never know when someone will want to know things by states and /or cities…

Kev

ok here is what I did

i’ve transactions fields as below
Qty - Descriptions - Price - Total

• setup descriptions field as a TextArea
  • move description field after the total

mean your description field is printing at the end, so next line will be exact after finish the description line

chao…