How to get checkbox in field on grid?

I have an interger (tinyint) field with a value of 0 or 1 (this is an old database that I am migrating to sc). I want this field to be a checkbox that I can select to mark the record as “cleared”. Tried it with a grid and checkbox is not an option. So then I tried with both “from - mutliple records” and “form - editable grid”. I get a checkbox at the beginning of each line but not in the field 'cleared". The field is identified as a checkbox and I see it in the field list as a checkbox. But it is not a checkbox. What am I missing?

I got it. Had to add a manual lookup.

But now … form format > multiple records does not include the option to show totals (like the grid does)?

No, you have a multiple edit form which - in fact - is not a grid in SC terms. For totals you need a real grid.

Hmm. How can I get a checkbox on a grid?

Here’s the answer for anyone else who is looking. This is a grid - with totals. Using a RUN button to post records as cleared.
http://www.scriptcase.net/samples/tutoriais/grid/grid45.php

Well … still having issues with this.

Now I’m using this sample (which, they are both kind of the same, except this one just lists the records selected - so I thought it might be easier)
http://www.scriptcase.net/scriptcase-samples/tutoriais/grid/grid46.php

It works - perfect - on one grid (which happens to be called ‘contacts’)

It does not work on any other grid; even when I copy and paste the code (eliminating typos) from the working grid to the other. I’m using the key field of the table that I am working on in Button/OnRecord and different wording ($items instead of $contacts) in button/onFinish.

The error that I get is this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘$this’ (T_VARIABLE) … grid_item_category_grid.class.php on line 275

Days this has been driving me crazy. Not to mention killing time.

Suggestions?

Are you sure, you eliminated ALL typos?
What is in this file on line 275 +/- 5 lines?

jsb

Solution was to start over

I am not sure thi is my question. If it is I dont understand the resposnse
I have a field on a grid with a value 0 or 1. I wan t be able to clck the field to set it to 1, ie: a checkbox or a radio button. Is this possible?