How to recover projects from an old Scriptcase installation in Mac OS after reformat?

Hi to all,

I had my Scriptcase 8 installed and running in my Mac OS Yosemite. I updated my OS to El Capitan. After the update, I could not access MYSQL through phpmyadmin which was running well before El Capitan… I had no backup of my development tables… I decided to uninstall MYSQL and planned to use MAMP instead and recreate my tables… I restarted my MacBook Pro after uninstallation of MYSQL via terminal… Then my nightmare began… I could not login to my laptop anymore… Unfortunately, I had no Time Machine backup… I tried my best to recover the old OS but failed… I installed a fresh install of El Capitan on a new external drive… Then, I connected the external drive to my laptop to serve as temporary start up disk… I copied the NetMake folder to my external drive… Then I reformatted my laptop and installed El Capitan… I am now trying to have my projects (development) running in my newly reformatted laptop. All I have in now is a new installation of Scriptcase 8.1 and a copy of my old installation of Scriptcase 8 in my external drive (copied from the Applications folder of my old Yosemite).

Can somebody help me on this?

First thing you must do is create a full binary backup of your scriptcase folder of your new instance. If you mess things up you can recover from the binary backup.
First try to recover your old instance. copy it from your external drive on to your workstation and try to get the apache webserver running. (I don’t know how that works on apple, sorry). If it runs you might need to request a new key on scriptcase.net. If you are up and running create a full backup from the scriptcase menu. Then request a new key again to register your latest version again. Import your backupfile by using recover.
If that doesn’twork: Locate on your old instance the .db file. This file contains all your projects. Copy this file onto the correct location in your new instance. Look over to find directories of your projects you need to copy as well, as not all is in the db, afaik libaries aren’t.
If that doesn’t work than copy your old instance over your new instance. Apache will fail because it’s in use, but imho you can ignore. Then try to access scriptcase.
If that fails try scriptcase support, they might be able to recover your old instance, perhaps for some fee.
Hope this will help you…

Thank you very much @aducom . You have been very helpful…

In addition, I also tried to follow the suggestions available in this thread…

http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/forum/scriptcase-8/installation-aa/9511-move-project-files-and-settings-to-new-installation-of-sc-8

At least I hope you’ve recovered.