How to shut down SC7

Hello -

I have been running SC7 and SC8 in parallel. I am now comfortable that SC8 is working as I expect. I have a few questions:

1. How can I stop SC7 from starting automatically at boot time?
  2. What would be the procedure to manually start and stop if I were to need it moving forward?
  3. Finally, what folders should I backup to ensure I have a good backup of scriptcase and my projects?

Thank you,
Rob

ps. I am running Linux Mint 17.2

I’m not a linux man but in Windows you need to go to services and set the apache service to manual so that it will not start at bootup. To start you need to do that manually again through the services panel. I expect linux has something similar.

To stop and start SC - 3 options (change the number after the “v” to reflect the version of SC you want to stop / start etc)…

/opt/NetMake/v71/components/apache sc_apache start

/opt/NetMake/v71/components/apache sc_apache stop

/opt/NetMake/v71/components/apache sc_apache restart

No Linux expert by any means, but for auto start for me (in Ubuntu) I have the following to make it start automatically (as it didn’t auto start when it was installed). I guess if you want to stop it starting look for that file and remove a similar entry. If you cannot find it (the file, or the line if you have the file) I guess you could try to issue the stop command there instead (of course it will not help if the auto start initiates after this file is processed).

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

#Start up SC7 Apapche on re-boot
/opt/NetMake/v71/components/apache/sc_apache start

exit 0

For the backup - take a copy of the entire scriptcase directory tree, and then regularly do a full scriptcase backup (in SC Choose Options | Settings | backup).