how to use one license on desktop and laptop?

I have a Scriptcase license installed on my Windows 7 laptop.
I also want to be able to use Scriptcase on my desktop. How can I accomplish this?

Re: how to use one license on desktop and laptop?

I do not believe they allow you to have 2 unique installs. I think they have things tied to a machine ID.
The idea is that you can login to the main install from any PC, where the installed version acts as the server. When I was active in SC, I would login to SC from any PC in my house ( or offsite).

Regards,
Scott.

if my laptop two os win 7 and ubuntu, is it possible to use one license for my win 7 and ubuntu?

regards
masbro

1 License per PC, also means 1 per OS. I am just speaking from experience and not speaking for Scriptcase on their license agreement.

Regards,
Scott.

Hello,

licence is connected to ONE server (or a simple PC) …

Best regards
Uwe

solution…how to use one license on desktop and laptop?

Hi everyone, I am developing with SC and love it so far (1 month). I have found something that helps me access my SC development system from any system, and it does respect the SC license.

first, i am running my SC license on a win7 laptop. i keep my mysql db on the mysql server of the hosting service i use. it makes deploying easy, as i know the db settings work in dev as well as deploy to test or production. i use putty to ssh tunnel my laptop to the host server as i develop on the laptops local host. so far, very easy and smooth.

now i also run a free descktop streaming service on my laptop called Splashtop. download the streaming part to the machine, and set up the security codes, etc. i also wanted to be able to find my laptop, sitting on my home fios network, from anywhere on the web, so i created a unique gmail account just for this purpose.

next, from any other windows 7 or xp machine, plus mac i believe, there is a FREE app that lets you find and control your machine. it works really fast on your own lan, but almost as fast over good internet connections. so you could be at work and use it to log into your home based pc…

the other thing that is so super cool, is if you have an android phone or tablet, there is a $5 app on marketplace u can buy and it gives you exactly same control of the pc. so i am on my gallaxy tab now controlling my development laptop. my new sprint photon g4 phone does it too. it works great on g4, acceptable on g3.

so i can basically leave my laptop connected to mysql with putty, and get to scriptcase whenever i have time. it has made everything easy for what i am doing.

I am an internet cheapskate, usually using open source, but SC offers me the exact environment i need to develop my apps. love it. the fact that i paid for that, the $5 Splashtop app was also money well spent. btw, if you have multiple android devices, only pay for apps once. if you are logged into same google accounts on each device, you see you apps to install on multiple devices. super!

that is all for what its worth, in case it helps someone else.
peace,
jamie

This sounds very complicated and cumbersome. I don’t think I would go this way.
I wonder if there is soem other solution ?

Art

yeah, install SC on a computer that is always on, some type of desktop, and install LOGMEIN (its a free service, although they will try to get you to pay for a paid on, but LogMeIn Free works just as well).

Then you can connect from another computer, android, iphone, tablet, etc. to your desktop and still develop that way.

Or install SC on a Linux or Windows VPS Server on the internet, and you can access it from any computer with an internet browser.

Thanks, this was much clearer explanation, so now I have at least an idea what the options are.
QUESTION: from what you say, looks like all those options are very much like remote access to the machine with CS installed (sort of like Citrix services or TeamViewer) and this would not work for me, because I also need off-line access to SC projects.

Art

You can install license on your desktop and can connect remotely via laptop using remote support tools like logmein, R-HUB remote support server, gosupportnow etc.

Just do a remote desktop to your machine that has access to Scriptcase