HTML Editor (tinyMCE) - Change insert link behaviour (accept links as-is)

I am using the HTML editor to create email text. Whenever I insert a link in the text to an external website and click ‘save’, the HTML editor changes the content of the link by including the URL of the SC form in the link before the link URL I supplied, rendering the external link completely unusable. For example:
click <a href="<my_external_url">here</a>’ becomes ‘click <a href="<fully_qualified_url_to_sc_form_friendlyname>/<my_external_url">here</a>’.

This is really annoying.

I have found (via google search) that this URL-altering behaviour of the third party editor used by SC (tinyMCE) can be changed by altering the config passed to the tinyMCE.init() call. Specifically, you change the value ‘relative_urls’ to true when calling ‘init’ (i.e. ‘relative_urls : true’ - yes, I know, it doesn’t make a lot of sense… you’d think based on the variable name that it would be the opposite… this confusion is well documented on the web, but it does seem to work!).

I have found I can do this by editing the source file <form_name>_jquery.php (and the _mob counterpart) and changing the tinyMCE.init() call to vary the option. However this is really clunky, and of course, it is overwritten every time I do a Gen.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change this option anywhere using the usual SC dev interface. I have looked but cannot find anything.

Or is there an alternative method to achieving what I need (a simple, unaltered href link), but with the ability to also format text (bold, italics, bullet points etc.)

Regards, Russell.

Hi All.

I am just wondering, has anyone found a decent way of doing this via the SC interface, or is modifying the output file the only way to solve this issue.

Cheers.