Import Access procedure always fails "No tables found in database access" ?????????

Dear all,
I’m wondering if anybody of you has tested the SC 8 Import Access procedure.
I got a mdb file 2003 version and all other tools out of SC it’s readable smootly.
I did test also creating specific ODBC drivers both for MsAccess and mySQL but always it fails with the No tables found in database access error.
If you were successful could you gently to explain how you did this ???
Thanks

Didn’t tried.

Just to try to give some light, did you tried with 32 and/or 64 bits DNS names in oDBC? Maybe is related. I think I readed in the past on forums, thath ODBC dns must be user and 32b AFAIR, but I’m not not sure.

Hi Giu, thanks again

I think I use the 32 vers. becouse ODBC do not exist on 64. To run the program under w7 I have to go to run and paste this. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
Anyway… also waiting from SC a reply also about this… I did a deep search on web and I founded this tools that it’s seems to be ok as workaround.
I will have the msAccess mdb in a server and then I will install the tool in the same server without problem of ODBC & Co. This tool can then send to another server the db converted into mySQL. For me that I’m not a programmer is a good workaround. What do you think ?

https://dbconvert.com/ —> Name of tool is DB Sync https://dbconvert.com/convert-access-to-mysql-sync.php

[QUOTE=giovannino;35839]Hi Giu, thanks again

I think I use the 32 vers. becouse ODBC do not exist on 64. [/QUOTE]

Not exactly.

odbc.png

Hi Giovannino.

I guess this is too late for you, but in case anyone else has the same problem…​

You need to install the MS Access Engine (I could not find this documented anywhere but we found it by accident!).

Go to Database > New Connection > Microsoft Access and you will see two links, one for MS-Access 2007 or earlier, and one for MS-Access 2010 or later. Download and install the correct one for your situation. You should then be able to get the tables list when you next Import Access.

Hope this helps

Jeff