Installing Scriptcase Version 7 Issues

Hi! I’ve been an active user of Scriptcase Version 6 for almost a year now. I have it running using a WAMP server on Windows 7 Pro. PHP Version 5.3.8 MySQL version 5.5.16 without any issues. Today I received my e-mail announcing I can get my upgrade to Version 7. I immediately downloaded the manual installer .zip file and followed the instructions for placing it into my server. When I go to my localhost/scriptcase7 I’m getting an error stating:

"Zend Guard Run-time support missing!

One more more files on this web site were encoded by ZendGuard and the required run-time support is not installed orproperly configured.

For the Web site user

This means that this Web server is not configured correctly to runthe files that it contains. Please contact the Web site’sadministrator/webmaster and inform them of this problem and give themthe URL you are trying to display to help them in diagnosing theproblem.

For The Site Administrator/Web Master

One or more files on your site were encoded with Zend Guard. Thismay be third party libraries that were provided to you by an ISV. Toallow these files to properly run you need to download and installone of the Zend guard run-time libraries. This is either ZendOptimizer or Zend Loader. The proper files can be downloaded fromhttp://www.zend.com/guard/downloads.This software is provided free of charge.

General Disclaimer: Zend Technologies is not responsible tothe configuration and setup of web sites using Zend Guard technology.Please contact your software vendor if these components were providedby an ISV or consult your Zend Guard Users Guide if these files wereencoded by your organization."

I went to the link, downloaded the .dlls and followed zend’s instructions on placing their commands into php.ini. I’ve rebooted my machine multiple times, cleared cookies, checked configurations, etc… and can’t seem to get rid of this error to install the new scriptcase! Scriptcase version 6 installed and has been running just fine on my wamp machine for almost a year now so I’m at a loss on what to do to get this new version installed. Any suggestions?

Hello,

You could install a new web environment to run ScriptCase 7. I recommend you to get in touch with our support regarding this issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I have tried to install on pcs with Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro and I get the ‘server not found’ or ‘cannot connect to server’ error message. The installation says do not use XAMPP, but I have several other applications that I develop on that depend of the XAMPP configurations. I start the SC7 server and still no success. Not sure what to do at this point.

Ted Berry

***Updated Post

I re-installed to my Windows 7 Pro pc and got it running just fine. After online registration I still get the white bar with red letters across the top of any application that says I am using the trial version of SC7. When I click on the about menu item it shows that I am in fact registered and licensed. All the information is correct, but I still am getting the message about using a trial version. Any help would be appreciated…

Thanks,

Ted Berry

I finally got it up and running. After I registered my copy of SC7 I did a log out and that didn’t work. Once I rebooted my computer the ‘using trial version’ went away. I am working right along now. Seems fine so far.

Ted Berry

I would recommend to install SC7 fully and not to rely on the zip. I know it will take some diskspace but you are able to run both versions on different ports and you will not have all kind of configuration options. Before deploy on production server I deploy to a local wamp (uniform server) distribution for test. It’s not that it cannot be done otherwise, but this is a out-of-the-box solution.

[QUOTE=Ted_Berry;12148]I finally got it up and running. After I registered my copy of SC7 I did a log out and that didn’t work. Once I rebooted my computer the ‘using trial version’ went away. I am working right along now. Seems fine so far.

Ted Berry[/QUOTE]

Glad you were able to get it running. Please let us know if you run into any issue.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Ended up having to uninstall wamp. The issue w/wamp vs zend optimizer is unfortunately you have to turn off thread safety and there is no way to do this with wamp. So, downloaded and installed the windows install package you offer that has apache and everything built in. Installed mysql separately. All installed fine and scriptcase 7 is up and running but without wamp I have no idea how to configure the apache server that came with scriptcase to be able to view everything online. Any suggestions on where configurations for localhost are stored in the apache server that comes w/scriptcase 7?

You can use WAMP in production because after deployment all dependencies to Zend are gone. If you production server is on your development system then you can deploy on the right root of your wamp installation. Scriptcase is using a different port so both apache instances can run at the same tie. If you have it on a seperate server you just upload as you where used to do. But don’t use the apache/php version of SC in a production environment. Haven’t looked at it for version 7 but version 6 is not safe. In production we use the uniform server wamp package which is safe by default. Wamp is default open too. So be aware of the apache/php settings.

Thank you Albert!!! You just made my day!!