Is 9.6.018 safe to use?

Is 9.6.018 safe to use?

Anone using it without any major issue?

I’m not that far behind, as I’m using 9.6.007, but I’m always hyper worried when upgrading SC because of NetMake bad track record with updates.

It always depends on what you are using of SC internals. As always the best approach is to xcopy the full sc directory to a backup. Upgrade and test your applications. Some issues might be in your custom code that you need to adjust. SC issues can occur, but then it depends if you can work around or if it is a showstopper for you. If that is the case you can revert back. Not a convincing answer, I know, but this is how we do it.

1 Like

Yes I always do a full copy of everything on the server.
Just wanted to know if anyone had any negative experience to save time.
Though I know that one can never be sure of what will happen for all the reasons that you listed.

We don’t follow all new versions as that requires too much time for testing as we have tons of them. So 1-2 times a year we migrate. But it never has been without issues.

@robydago some bugs that I reported 3 months ago, still in this version such as doesn’t work the search of fileds with multi checkbox in a field, the default field name in translation database was modified with names that not are correct and other that I not remember

I am using it with no major issues.

My apps are primarily using grids ,forms and controls.

I dont use calendars, dashboards, gantt and reports so I cannot speak for these.