Is it possible to create an Moblie APP with scriptcase?

hello,
This is an APP time, people like to use the APP to access the world.
Is it possible to create an Moblie APP with scriptcase?

My idea is to create a native Mobile APP shell, Then running SC app inside.
is anybody tries this solution before?

OR is there some better solution for Mobile APP?
Thanks.
Jonathan

1 Like

There are not a lot of option available, usually you need to use a native Mobile APP that run HTML5, and run Scriptcase inside

I’m create an app in Android Studio, to open a Scriptcase app.
Work fine!

Thank you for your guys reply.

what i have done is to create an android app using app inventor (it is a code less solution almost created for children) the app opens a webview (a browser window that looks like an app window) that always open my scriptcase application hosted on the internet…

it works, it looks like a native app

if anyone has a better idea please share :smiley:

(also there is a way to send information from scriptcase to app inventor so app inventor reacts, for instance a signal to close de android app, it is made sending a message via javascript)

best regards

fer

Hello…
I try with app inventor… but not is a solid solution.
I can’ solve the exit when press back…
But in Android Studio, build a simple solution work fine…

I try in those days to make a new version, based in gecko browser…

If some is interested, i can publish the solution, with a low cost colaborattion…

Tanks!

@asantarelli

I am interested in an example of this solution for Android.

I am even more interested in how to solve this for iOS.
If anyone knows the solution for iOS tablets and phones, I’m interested.

At the moment, I am not interested in iOS, there is little iPhone in the local market … tomorrow I try to put together a demo and upload it …

you can create an easy app with https://thunkable.com/

it is based on app inventor but… and here is the thing… you can compile to ios :smiley:

i solved some time ago, (i dont remmember how i did it) but it is possible

if you decide to use app inventor i could search again and tell you how i did it, at this moment i am opening the app and when i hit the back button y programed a message that ask you if you whant to exit, yes or no?
so… there should be somewhere a programable behaviour to the back button.

but… as you said… probably app inventor or thunkable are not solid as android studio… if you can program in android studio go for it :smiley: (and share :D, if you place the www address in a variable that anyone even with no android studio knowledge could change so we can use your app would be grate) :smiley: