Is it possible to make a master-detail using grids?

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]Hello,[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]It is possible to create a master-detail using grids.[/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px] [/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px]I would like to know if I can create a grid and that when the user selects one of the lines of the master grid, the detail grid changes and shows the detail that corresponds to the grid selected in the master grid.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]Is this possible with scriptcase?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]I want the master grid to show all the records of the platforms available with each of the fields in the “platforms” table (in my case, some of the platforms would be: Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Siemens, etc.).[/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px] [/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px]In the detail grid I need to show each of the properties of the selected platform and also allow me to add or remove properties using the detail grid.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]Can someone tell me if it is possible and give me an example of how to do it?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]Thank you,[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Well, I have achieved what I needed to do. In case anyone is useful, I describe below how I did it. [LIST=1]

• Create two grid applications and one form application
  • The master grid shows the available [B]Departments [/B]in the Database
  • The second grid shows the [B]Platforms[/B] available for each [B]Department[/B]
  • The form shows the [B]Properties[/B] for each [B]Platform[/B]. I use an editable grid type form.
  • In the form: Modify the SELECT statement by adding a condition where it compares against a global variable that will receive the parameter sent from the second grid.
  • In the second grid: Create a field named LINK (field type: HTML Image). This field sends the parameter to the form.
  • In the second grid: Modify the SELECT statement by adding a condition where it compares against a global variable that receives the parameter sent from the master grid.
  • In the master grid: Create a field called LINK (field type: HTML Image). This field sends the parameter to the second grid. [/LIST] Although my original idea was to use a third grid for the [B]Properties[/B], finally an form works better.

Now when I click on the link in each line of the master grid, the second grid shows the Platform information related to the department selected. By clicking on one of the links in the second grid, the form shows the Properties related to the Platform selected… In the form I can add, modify and delete records easily.

I hope you can understand me, I speak little English.

Regards,

• Your English is great. I pretty much figured this out a while ago, but you gave me some additional insight. Thanks