Is scriptcase still operational?

Hi All,

1. I posted over the forum, and it seems that no one is using Scriptcase 8.1 on mobile.

2. I tried sending in to the support, but was told to sign up for technical support.

3. I tried looking through the manuals; entering ‘mobile’ into the help manual and only 1 item came up, sc_menu_force_mobile(true);

Where else did everyone post their queries?

Where else can I seek help.

God bless!

I thought Scriptcase emphasize on their good support? Where are the support?

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Yes sc is very much alive.
I just dont use it for mobile. sc needs to be installed on windows or linux in order to work with it. You can surely make mobile apps with it.
Basically you need to be smart about your screen sizes and your css, for the rest it isnt that much different then a normal scriptcase application.

Besides that, there is only one hour gap on your previous thread post, and a few with this one. This is a user forum, we occasionally come here to answer questions. So be prepared that you have to be a bit more patient if your ask questions to the community.

Hi Albert Drent,

No, I am not blaming the community, I appreciate. My query is if the help manual is so darn brief and when you enter ‘mobile’, it only came up with one occurrence, which I had already used. Apart from that, nothing else.

And yet, there is no support from Scriptcase. My license will expire in November, but I had already paid for the upgrade.

I had visited forum like PHPRunner which the developer replied queries, and all queries solved were paint in different colours. On the PHPrunner alone, I saw 35,000 replies.

I like Scriptcase. The quality of the PHP apps produced by Scriptcase is far more superior. But… support wise is yet to be recognized.

Anyway, since you answered. Is there anyway to define $_SESSION[‘scriptcase’][‘device_mobile’] = true and $_SESSION[‘scriptcase’][‘display_mobile’] = true for certain procedures. And where should I insert the codes?

Thanks in advance.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Hi Kelvin, I really don’t know. We use SC on tablets, not on phones. On tablets we actually don’t do special things as the standard forms simply work. Regarding SC support, they are rarely to be found on this forum and I can’t tell. Haven’t contacted support for a long time. I haven’t had much good experience on that :wink:

[QUOTE=KelvinChua;39668]Hi Albert Drent,

No, I am not blaming the community, I appreciate. My query is if the help manual is so darn brief and when you enter ‘mobile’, it only came up with one occurrence, which I had already used. Apart from that, nothing else.

And yet, there is no support from Scriptcase. My license will expire in November, but I had already paid for the upgrade.

I had visited forum like PHPRunner which the developer replied queries, and all queries solved were paint in different colours. On the PHPrunner alone, I saw 35,000 replies.

I like Scriptcase. The quality of the PHP apps produced by Scriptcase is far more superior. But… support wise is yet to be recognized.

Anyway, since you answered. Is there anyway to define $_SESSION[‘scriptcase’][‘device_mobile’] = true and $_SESSION[‘scriptcase’][‘display_mobile’] = true for certain procedures. And where should I insert the codes?

Thanks in advance.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE[/QUOTE]

Hi Kelvin,

Good to see a fellow Clarioneer on this forum. You may remember me from Perth.

I have been using SC for a few months now, and once you get into the swing it is not so bad. I also do not create for mobiles (yet), only as small as an iPad mini.

Support from SC needs to be paid for, but is relatively cheap. It can be frustrating as they rarely understand what you need on the first ticket request. Persevere, and you will get results.

See ya

Tony