Link from Search App to Blank App

I have created a Blank Application that contains a formatted PHP report called “Monthly Report”. I have also created a Search Application that allows the user to select a date to pass to the Blank Application which will be used to query data from the database for the requested month.

My problem is, when I try to establish the link between the two applications, the Blank Application is not included in the list of available applications. The list only contains Form Applications. How do I pass the selected date as a global variable from the Search Application to the Blank Application?

[QUOTE=Geesey;26970]I have created a Blank Application that contains a formatted PHP report called “Monthly Report”. I have also created a Search Application that allows the user to select a date to pass to the Blank Application which will be used to query data from the database for the requested month.

My problem is, when I try to establish the link between the two applications, the Blank Application is not included in the list of available applications. The list only contains Form Applications. How do I pass the selected date as a global variable from the Search Application to the Blank Application?[/QUOTE]

Try with sc_redir macro

The sc_redir macro worked great. Thank you for your help.

I’m still trying to learn when I’m suppose to use the link function to redirect to an application and pass a variable, versus using the sc_redir macro within an event.

It depends on the application flow you need. In general you use a link if you have to do a lookup from another application (caption link). You use that if dropdowns are not good enough (i.e. too much data). If you need to have a grid and go into an update function for detail then you use an application link. It will start the detail (useually a form) and let you edit. These are the most used. Suppose you have a form and after update you want to jump automatically to some other app. In that case there’s no default logic and you need to apply that by yourself. Then you can use sc_redir. There’s a catch though. If you have set globals in your application and they are not session then the called application will not receive this if you use sc_redir. That’s why you have to pass them as parameters. Also, don’t forget to perform a sc_committrans if you have the sc_redir in an onafterupdate/insert. Hope this helps a bit.