Linux, Apache, MySQL, Php 5.2 & 5.3 in single server.

Dear All,

Even SC60 is launched, some installation issue appeared.

The installation link for ScriptCase V6 (ZIP / TGZ) for Windows, Linux, IBM I5 / OS400, FreeBSD, Mac OS X
http://downloads.scriptcase.net/downloads/v6/manual/en_us/webhelp/manual_mp/manual_mp.htm?item=02-Instalacao/00-Overview.htm
shown ‘Server Not Found’.

I’ll like to install Scriptcase 5.2 & Scriptcase 6.0 in a single server.

Run with CentOS 5.7 (32bit), default php Version is 5.2.x. After install add-on Java + ZendOptimizer, running SC52 without any problem but SC60 cannot even start but able to run diagnosis.php. coz SC60 require 5.3x + ZendGuardLoader + Java.

So I installed CentOS 6.2 (32bit), default php Version is 5.3.x. After install add-on Java + ZendGuardLoader, SC60 can start without problem but SC52 fail to start coz and required php 5.2 ZendOptimizer fail to start.

Can anyone put out a instruction how to install php 5.2 & 5.3 (multiple php, maybe required fastcgi and/or other tools to make it work) together in one single server? Otherwise need to get 2 servers for each SC52 & SC60.

Invest another server just for SC60? or any other good idea or solution?

Regards,

Re: Linux, Apache, MySQL, Php 5.2 & 5.3 in single server.

hmmm in my development machine i can install many web server in diff version of php … im using windows anyway…
maybe you can use multiple php in one web server but one at a time… you can change config file of webservr the in
directory of php.

use another port such as port 87 for apache 5.2 and port 88 for apache 5.3

Main issue is how to install multiple version of PHP in one server.

Apache Port setting shouldn’t be a problem.

please check this link

I believe he meant that you can have ScriptCase 5, which runs under PHP 5.2 on the 85 port and ScriptCase 6, PHP 5.3 running on the 86 port.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hello Bernhard,

is it possible to apply theme sc6 to sc5, after convert such like scriptcase6_cromo?,

regards
Masbro

Hello,

It is possible to apply any SC6 theme on SC6 converted applications. It isn’t possible to apply SC6 theme on SC5 applications, because there is no V6 --> V5 conversion.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hello Bernhard

i’am use sc6 and i have convert my project from sc5 to sc6 sc5->sc6, its succes, but when i want to change theme sc6, i can’t find any theme from sc6…

regards
masbro

solved,finally i can use them cromo :slight_smile:

All php 5.2 & php 5.3 installed in same server. SC 5.2 & SC 6.0 run in port 80 side-by-side :slight_smile:

just suggestion , on linux centos better you instal scriptcase with linux installer (sh file). i have try on my ubuntu and runing simultaneus sc6 (port 86) and sc 5.2 (port 85) perfect and install mysql after that :slight_smile: