Master/Detail of a select field on a form does not fire up to the detail grid

Hello everyone!

I am new to the Scriptcase and evaluating it. Thus far I am liking it but run into few simple issues and can’t figure it out.

I have a form with just a select field (drop down) which should pass the id of the selected record.
I have a grid with a parameter set to the same id and in the sql where clause it is selecting everything where the parameter = to the field value.

When I run, the data in the grid does not change on the select field but only changes on the navigation of the form.

I’ve tried various methods but so far I have not been successful yet.

Any idea how I should be doing this? Basically what I want is the user to see the grids records based on drop down list selection. If you could point me to any guide or videos, would greatly appreciate it.

Muky,

Could you clarify…

“When I run, the data in the grid does not change on the select field but only changes on the navigation of the form.”

Are you using a global variable to pass the value?

Yes I am.

Since I could not figure out, and had to find another way, I ended up using a grid with search on the same page. It seems to be doing as I wanted, but it would be good to know solutions for these types of issues.

Thank you Lewis200

If I am understanding correctly, I have similar issues.
What I have done is used the quick search field to select the field value and pass that on with a global.
Not my fav approach but it works

Thanks Lewis. That was my approach as well and I feel the same as you but hey it works. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!