Master/Detail: would like details displayed via tabs on master form

Dear All,

You know how you can section your fields into blocks on a form and then have them displayed via tabs. I would like to display related detail via tabs. For example, suppose I have the master form for Stores. Then I would like tabs on the form to show related grids for Employees, Inventory, Customers, etc.

Any thoughts much appreciated on how I could accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

Lyle

All,

Answering my own question, I just think I found how. I see the Tab Application and thinking this might be the way.

Thank you.

No … or maybe :wink:

In your form play below “Form Settings” with “Master/Detail Form”, “Layout / Blocks” and “Fields positioning” …

Master/Detail Form -> link to a related grid
Layout / Blocks -> space reserved for that grid, display via tab or not, …
Fields positioning -> arrange your detail form in your specific block

Thank you

Thank your Reinhard. Much appreciated.

Lyle

[QUOTE=RHS;16448]No … or maybe :wink:

In your form play below “Form Settings” with “Master/Detail Form”, “Layout / Blocks” and “Fields positioning” …

Master/Detail Form -> link to a related grid
Layout / Blocks -> space reserved for that grid, display via tab or not, …
Fields positioning -> arrange your detail form in your specific block[/QUOTE]

This used to work in previous version but I tried with the current version it does not work / has bugs.

I have the following :

1. a Master form, showing details in “Tab A”, and detailed grid in “Tab B”, and another detailed grid in “Tab C”
  2. In previous versions, when I move to next record or move back one record in “Tab A”, the details in “Tab B” and “Tab C” will change according to the record in “Tab A”.
  3. In the current version, when loading the form, “Tab A” shows the first record, and thus “Tab B” and “Tab C” also show details relating to record in “Tab A”.
  4. IMPORTANT, if the current Tab is “Tab A” and I move back / forward one record and then click at either “Tab B” or “Tab C”. NO DETAILS is shown. COMPLETELY BLANK!
  5. NOW, I click at “Tab B” so now the current tab is “Tab B”. I move back / forward one record, now the DETAILS on “Tab B” are shown But DETIALS on “Tab C” are still missing.
  6. NOW, I click at “Tab C” so now the current tab is “Tab C” I move back / forward one record, now the DETAILS on “Tab C” are shown But DETIALS on “Tab B” are now missing.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Please help on how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Capecode

You can export/upload your form and i can look at this, but for me it works.

Dear RHS,

Today, my form appears to show the details whereas it didn’t last week. I don’t know why. But should the problem come back, I’ll ask you for help.

Thanks,

Capecode