Menu items grayed out since last update...NONE have security turned on

Just did last update. All fine in development. Went to production and half the menu items are grayed out in both administrator menu and default user menu. NONE of those applications have security on. What else just changed I need to look at?

Perhaps you need to re-upload your runtime? At least, that is what I can think of if the dev is working fine.

Recompiled and added production environment several times. Nada. When I turn on security in myscriptcase/options I get the same problem on development server. Some things work, some don’t. I’ve checked the settings multiple times and it makes absolutely no sense. Security is NOT turned on. Not sure what else to do with this but we are pretty much down.

edited to add: this started after I did the last update without changing a single thing. Recompiled everything and here I am.

Don’t even know where to start. So grayed out item is ctrl_loadall. Security is NOT on. If I make a copy of this to ctrl_loadall2…regenerate…and change my menu to do ctrl_loadall2…IT WORKS PERFECTLY. It is an identical copy so the problem does NOT lie in the application. I tried clearing cache and that doesn’t work. If I then rename ctrl_loadall2 back to ctrl_loadall…IT DOES NOT WORK. I don’t even know where to start but I am going to have to duplicate and rename about 40 applications. This is a bit crazy.

Can you do a fresh upload, I mean, without overwriting. I have had issues that sometimes, the targetfile was not overwritten and ended up with a mix of new modules and a few old ones. It is a wild guess, but better than rewriting / altering code?

Once I renamed the grayed out ones and set my menu to the new ones all came up. Could have been the overwriting. Hopefully it won’t happen again but this took me the better part of a day!