Missing Menu Items on deployment

I have never used Security Module until a week or so ago. My old project has been working fine until I added Security Module by group.
Note that in my local environment everything works fine but not on the Server where the project is deployed.

So what happens is that I deployed project with the Security Module just to find out half of the Menu items were missing and I was getting an error message = “Usuarion Not Autorizado” (not autorized) on the Main Group which had every access set to Yes, this turn a workable project into a useless project right quick.

I then turned security off deployed again and go the same problem.
Later I thought I might have too many items so first I “completely removed the entire security module items from the project”.
I then cut the project in half exporting half the aplications into a new project and again with NO SECURITY AT ALL.
Now after deploying the 2 separate project with NO SECURITY INVOLVED I only get half of the Menu Items and still get (not autorized) errors.
An old post from late 2013 and 2014 described the same issue but no solution was provided, I found it by googling with “Menu Items missing in Scriptcase deployment”.

I believe Scriptcase keeps old security settings somewhere which are causing the problem but I have no clue on how to resolve this problem and I need to implement the project.

[B]Note: The reason I can say this is because I had 2 numeric fields set as SELECT fields but had a change in rules so I could not use numeric fields so I added 2 alpha and took out the 2 numerics from the form they were now under FIELDS NOT SHOWN. When I execute the aplication I get errors on the 2 numeric SELECT fields even if I am not using them because Scritpcase keeps the SQL out there tied to the field. I resolved this by renaming the fields or taking them out of the table.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clear out or reset things back to normal?.. [/B]
Again to make it crystal clear, the Security Module and all of its items have been removed and the 2 check boxes under "My Scritpcase for security are turned off.
Thank you in advance.

What I’ve found with deployment is that you ALWAYS have to publish the common files and libraries too. I use a zip file and sync to the server; I’ve had issues with the canned "deployment’ option.

Thanks for the input, Question: What do you mean by I use a zip file and “sync to the server”?.
Here are the steps I go thru when I do a deployment:
For Every Deployment I do I do it with all the Files and Libraries. My steps are pretty much the same and everything worked fine before deciding to use the security module. Here are my steps:
I ALWAYS do deployments with all files all libraries

In select Aplications I take ‘ALL’
Under What type of deployment I always use "Typical(recommended)
Under I always check both options below and set the “initial application”:
Deploy with the common Libraries and
Deploy with the common files (CSS, buttons, images, messages)
On the last screen I always select “Create ZIP with applications”

Once I move the zip file to the server I unzip it under a folder that has the same name as my project.
Once all files are extracted I go thru the normal process to select the database and setup
the production environment

I develop on a windows server located in our office. I choose whatever application(s) I want to deploy - whether that’s one or all - Always check both options “Deploy with the common Libraries” and “Deploy with the common files (CSS, buttons, images, messages)”. On the last screen I always select “Create ZIP with applications” .

I then decompress the zip file into a directory on my local server (whatever I call it)
Once the files are extracted I use Cyberduck (connecting via SFTP to my server on the web)
Choose the directory I want to sync and then choose ACTION > SYNCRONIZE
Let it run

I should add … I develop from home over a satellite connection to my office. When I am ready to deploy - I do it on the server at the office where we have a 50GB pipe to the web. Windows OS in the office / Linux on the web. I’ve had resource issues (at the host location) if I upload the zip file and decompress on the web server and things just don’t get sync’d.

I should probably also add … I started with the standard security module and scriptcase menu but have since made mods to the security module and use a dynamic menu (so all of my applications are in a table). Thinking about that … maybe the issue you are really having is security related or in the settings of the menu. Try turning on “Always show the items” in menu settings.

PROBLEM SOLVED: I need to thank everyone that responded, looked at or was interested on the problem.
To explain what happenned: I have an old project that worked fine until I decided to add the Security Module which is not a bad thing to do it is just that for some strange reason still unknown, the menu items started to dissapear and I run into “User Not Autorized” errors even when the Security group had all the access rights turned on.

After trying seveal things with no luck I removed the security module from the project and still had the same problem.
I then asked around on the forum and emailed the support group from SC.
The one thing that cut my eye was this note from Mr. Bhardin: “maybe the issue you are really having is security related or in the settings of the menu. Try turning on “Always show the items” in menu settings.”.
I then looked at my menus and I already had “Always show the items” in some not all so made them all the same “Always show items”
Note that there is one other opcion above on the same page called “Hide Menu Items” this option needs to be unchecked (I think).

The second part that helped me solve this issue was an email from Script case I am including it below.
After I went thru all this, system now shows all the items on the menus and therefore yes !!!. Script case keeps old setting around and these show up once in a while but now we know how to remove the Security setting

Email from Scritpcase: To rid off the security module forever, you’ll need to delete all the applications under the folder ‘Security’ and disable the option ‘Enable Security’ in the security menu item in the applications. To disable this option for all applications at the same time, go in Tools > Express Edit and click in the checkbox ‘Use Security’ and after that mark the ‘no’ option.

Thank you all again, this was a scary experience and a very time consuming problem.

1 Like

Happy to hear you’ve resolved the issue!

This comment was very helpful… Thank you!

1 Like