mobile Apps

I wonder if anybody have had success creating mobile Apps with SC (especially using SQLite) ???

Art

Re: mobile Apps

Unfortunately Scriptcase not have this feature, feel free to report this idea to email suggestions@scriptcase.net

Before SC bring powerful capabilities in this area, i suggest something in the middle :

• SC brings RAD capabilities on the server side
  • NSBasic ( http://www.nsbasic.com/app/) brings very interesting mobile capabilities on the mobile side.

Why not make the interaction the easiest possible for everyone between the two ?

Thanks for link. I also am looking at something to supplement my web app on mobile. There are a bunch out there that use that phonegap open source system. Looks like you can pick ine in a language u are comfortable with and those translate the mobile app to any device type. pretty cool. SC might want to work in using phonegap as a way to process SC generated code onto ipad, driod,etc. Not saying it is easy but would be way to keep SC relevant.
Peace,
Jamie

you are right about that. I have sugested this already few month ago. PhoneGap seem to be much better supported and is open source, so no one has to buy an extra license. On the other hand NSBasic works with phoneGap, but it reuires learniong another language. One other tool to consider is SENCHA (and its mobile components).

bottom line - my vote is PHONE GAP !

Arthur

PhoneGap looks good. I also looked at JQuery Mobile here: http://jquerymobile.com/

I’m seriously considering switching to Sencha. It allows to create web AND mobile Apps base on the same code. It is developed in US (so no language problems and no need to learn Portugese), it has huge amount of learning materials and quite large and active forum. Not sure how good they are in bug fixing though, so if anybody has any opinions please share. Creating WebApp with Sencha would be probably a little more time consuming, but the visual part of the App seems to give way much more flexibility. it is also another programing language, so for those who know PHP but not JS it will be some learning … What bothers me the most with SC is their support and this bad opinions is probably shared by more than 70% of forum participants.

Art