Mobile-ready templates & themes

I am interested in creating apps that will display well on iphone, smartphones, iPads etc.

Has anyone created templates or themes for this purpose?

I also need a browser detection component for an application that will set what layouts and themes to use based on browser type.

Anyone done this yet?

–Tony

Re: Mobile-ready templates & themes

+1

I want too !! please attach images and inform prices

Thanks
Aquiles

interesting idea…

I want it to !

Art

Unfortunately Scriptcase not have this feature, feel free to report this idea to email suggestions@scriptcase.net

Script Case Manager said…

‘Unfortunately Scriptcase not have this feature, feel free to report this idea to email suggestions@scriptcase.net

Me and i guess other pepole wonder if there is any intention of doing.

If you have any ‘workaround’ to go alleviating this situation, we are grateful

I do not know SC internals, but it seems like for simple Apps it would be mostly like modifying a template to fit all data on the screen. Perhaps some integration with the PhoneGap would be good idea!

Arthur

Correct. Mobile-compatible apps will comprise so Javascript to determine browser and platform (possibly screensize but this is not crucial) and load the appropriate CSS and template for a mobile-friendly display. Some field displays may need to be made conditional on platform so that the screen does not get overloaded.

I agree, but it seems to me that NetMake need to implement better templating system (than it is right now). I would say that good example on how this should be done is SENCHA Designer. Excellent tool!

If this is for a mobile website, couldn’t you just make a copy of your project and load it into another folder? Basically create new theme for project copy and set all apps to 100% width. You would also need a custom landing page for navigation.

yes, but on the mobile phone you operate with your finger, many objects (buttons, icons) must be larger.
There are also myriad of screen sizes and resolutions, so making one app to look good on all devices would not be easy task.
At least basic set of predefined templates would help to build more templates…

Arthur

not so easy,…
you must remember that on small screens the field must be placed underneath the prompt(label), and that multiple screen sizes causes a headache for developers, so there is a lot to consider. Step by step however it can be done. If we at least could have a grid and a simple form implemented into a mobile template it would be great start.

no, you cannot do it this way because the field sizes, font size etc are not compatybile with mobile screens. There is much more to it than just resizing it.
You also need to convert things list look-up screens, combo boxes, drop-down lists, spinners etc. This all requires a smart mechanism to regenerate the screen code while leaving the application logic code untouched.
It would be probably much easier for NetMake to go along with PhoneGap or something like that instead reinventing their own tools.

One way or another the mobile templates are MUST in a next release !
Arthur