Multilingual projects

Has anybody came out with some method to edit multilinguall Apps and editing SC variables outside of SC ?
I really bothers me that if I want to someone help me with translations I have to give this person permission and full SC license in order to do it. I keep asking NetMake to plant the language data outside of SC but so far it is all ignored. The way it is designed is really ackward and buying extra license just to hand out the translation to someone else seems crazy. I wonder if there is any other workaround ?
I think even if there is Import/Export to CSV - it would work.

ARTHUR

Find in your deployment the files *.lang.php those are the ones with the language in it.
You can translate those.
Do be aware that the top 820 or so lines are the defaults from scriptcase that should not be changed. This you need to check out yourself.
Als take into account that translations can produce longer strings and thus can influence the layout a bit.
The files MUST be proper php files so do take quotes and double quotes and so on into account!!
And as always, BACKUP THE ORIGINAL ONES FIRST!

I’m not finding this file in my deployment ZIP. There is one in SC directory but it is encrypted.

Unzip your zip and check in your ProjectName/_lib/lang subdir… They are clear to read for me here… You should have them in your deployment.

which SC version ? I tried what you have suggested and I do not see any file you referring to! in the -lib folder

ARTHUR

Version 8.1.0.etc… I do see them… Just search for a file called: en_us.lang.php and you find the others…

Scriptcase multilingual support works for fields only. i found other options for PHP but it all looks like from years 80s.
in my case i had custom generated reports and data that had to be translated. i decided to build a form to manage translations, all from one table that keeps all translations. if translation is not found, it will call google translation API and insert a new record with a translation. Users can work with translations via a form and edit what google makes.