Multiple Choice Questions

I am using SC ver 6 .
I want to build an apps " multiple choice questions" can anyone help me with just a simple start?
I know the logic behind it but it seems I can not do it myself. Hope anyone can help me give some ideas sample applicaiton.

Thanks

ok i don’t think you will find many using sc6 i didn’t see it myself started with 7
but what you have in mind, what is the scenario? and what you want to achieve?

Create a question field of type radiobutton and supply answers. these can come from a database or manual. As soon as you set the fieldtype to radio you will find a section where you can apply the valid values.

Albert, maybe he wants to calculate and assess the answers… then save to database and make statistics…etc. I was about to lead him to other powerful ready made open source stuff, to save time, but wanted to know his scenario and exact need first :slight_smile:

Albert, maybe he wants to calculate and assess the answers… then save to database and make statistics…etc. I was about to lead him to other very powerful free open source stuff and save a lot time, without sc development, but wanted to know his scenario and exact need first :slight_smile:

Thanks Albert, It do help me start what i wanted. The problem that i am having is that, i made the radio option(database) i have the same option every questions i made. I try to make things on WHERE clause equals the value and it works for a one question, but not for the next. What I am trying to say is that the option should change for the next answer.

Any Ideas?

Thanks also MikeD, what you are stating is exactly what i wanted. Can you give me the open source link? thanks again

It is also good idea to make Q/A on scriptcase so i can practice and have control on my apps.

The number of options can be linked to a database. So if you have different answers per question then you need to create a data model where you can apply the answers to. Then you are able to have questions with a different amount of options. There are several open solutions, google forms is one of them. But sometimes it’s more fun creating it yourself :wink:

hmmmm Albert is absolutely right, it is so much fun building it yourself if you have time and require reasonable functionality, but if you want more complex stuff with wide range of options I recommend using “very” powerful open source php/mysql platform and get amazing outcome, try LS with assessment mode, this will cover for your questions and answers with assessments… If you want it for medium-to-large-scale educational purposes I prefer moodle, else, if small-to-medium educational single/multiple lessons, use tanida quiz builder (paid), and iSpring solutions (they have free version, limited functionality though)… so it is again, up to what you want to achieve.