My biggest nightmare in SC

I use SC since version 5. If I would have to pick the most frustrating SC problem it would be inability to synchronize GUI changes with its internal SQLite. Another words it is that SC does not recognize changes made in the App or Project. It does not happen very, very often, but when it does it becomes a pure nightmare.
I change a database connection and SC complains that connection is not set. I change the Form header template and it keeps the old one. I change (remove) a database table and it still shows up in the dictionary. I change the language translation and it is not reflected in the App.

At this moment, I have this exact last problem. I have 4 languages project and I changed the language fields for a specific table. No matter what I do I see no changes in the running App.
I tried: clearing browser cache, removing TEMP files, restarting PC,

Contacted NETMAKE and they’re suggesting creating a new dictionary. How stupid is this ? I would have to go then and edit all 200 tables and possibly 500 Apps and re-apply all language changes :frowning:

but just to test if this could possibly work, I created new dictionary and applied 2-3 small changes in the language tables. Still no luck, no change to the project language.

For example I have: “ItemSKU” column in a database, but I want to change it to “SKU” only in the editable grid. No matter what I do it will not take that change.

Any workarounds ?

SC must allow upload file for diccionary. I have a tool for modeling databases and i need upload this databse information to diccionary. (is not possible).
So i have do double work.

Code obfuscation is the likely culprit. Unfortunately, this shall be a continually moving target.

can you just go and import SQL structure to build the database, then create DICTIONARY ?

u sure can… add your database, and start creating!

I would suggest keeping versions, and managing them so you don’t have issues with backups, and a separate backup of your project once in final stages/complete.
Why you are having issues with the languages, and they are not being applied is odd, as that has not happened to me yet, but I can think of quite a few other annoying things :slight_smile:
Either way, once you have updated your language keys you need to obviously save, re-generate your apps, all of them to be on safe side… And your apps should update with your new language keys!
If your still having issues… pay me a visit ScriptcaseByJamie, I be happy to try and help you out!