My thoughts on how to further improve Scriptcase

Hi all,

I tried Scriptcase back in 2012 but it did not fit my needs back then.

Upgraded to 8.1 last December to give it a second chance and things look much better now.
Compliments to the Scriptcase team!

I have some wishes/hopes for the next release I would like to share with you (and hear your comments).

My thoughts:

• adapt a UI framework to make the applications truly responsive (UIKit or Bootstrap for example)
  • loose the iframes and use divs to diplay content
  • change the menu system so that it can be used without iframes too (standardize on the UI framework menu system)
  • improve documentation and use better (more extensive) examples in the macros section
  • let selected user test the beta versions too
  • implement select2 (SC is already using jquery, so that should be doable)
  • implement a multiple file upload which uses 1 field in the database to store all file details (not the BLOB data).
  • deploy for a certain environment: now all libraries (Windows/Mac/linux) are exported in _lib, but the web server only runs 1 OS
  • protect the production configuration with username and password, only a password is too tricky for me on a public internet server
  • also loose the info.php and diagnosis.php in _lib on production (and maybe more tools I don’t want on my web server)
  • improve translations and/or let us contribute (Dutch has some weird/wrong translations)
  • implement password_hash and password_verify and loose md5 encryption in security

Probably more to add to the list as I continue testing.

Hope this helps to further improve Scriptcase.

Thanks,

Bert
http://www.collectiony.com

I agree with Bert’s suggestion and would like to extend some of his items: - documentation: Real good documentation must be coauthored by users, as only they know the questions a user tries to find an answer in the documentation. Speifically the user need to know about some peculiar php coding requirement within scriptcase (e.g if/else clauses need to be bracketed by ‘{/}’ ). - improve translations: Improve weird behaviour (scriptcase language is set to english and scriptcase responds in German in certain error messages). On top I like to add some suggestions; - Add a general purpose message macro that is valid in all applications for use in debugging. - A well documented security system that lets the developer understand what it does and where own additions are needed. Sawjer

Also:

English spelling is different in different countries.
Example
USA: color UK: colour

Make it easy to have several English language versions.