Need quick answer about opening a project

I had to reinstall SC due to some corrupted files.
I have had a project which I worked on on the same PC and forgot to Export it.
Now, when I start SC and want to open an existing project the list is blank. How can I access existing apps ?

Arthur

erm I dont think so! not if u didnt back it up…

I sure hope you have a full backup or so. Otherwise you need to start all over. I advise anybody not only to rely on the backup function of SC but to do also a regular backup of the full SC package. A great free package for that is i.e. Cobian, but there are loads of other good programs. Besides that I even run images to be able to full restore in case of a disk-crash. It’s not helpful for you now I’m affraid, but it will prevent similar issues in the future.

Well this is something I did not expect, and I do not like as well. Why?
I thought if I reinstall software, I can simply go fins a project file and open it. This way the project file would know everything about every component of the project. That is what happens in civilized word.
You Open/Save Visual Studio project or C# project, then you reinstall software, and you still can open the same project (unless you going backward in versions).
I wish SC work the same way. Yes I do have some backups, but not the most recent one, and the SC Tech Support guy who advised me to reinstall should at least remind me about the backup.
I’m surprised, because my project was stored in a separate from SC folder, so the files are still there (I see them).

Have I really lost it ?
Arthur

Hello Arthur,

You are using SQLite as SC internal db right? If so you can simply replace the SQLite file and that should do it.

Make sure to backup your files before doing the procedure above.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Unfortunately for this project I’m using MySQL on a remote server. I think the database connection is not an issue at all. The problem is how to open existing Project which hasn’t been ZIPed (so it cannot be imported).

Arthur

Hello Arthur,

I’m actually referring to SC internal database. If you have installed SC under MySQL (or any other RDBMS for that matter) then all your system applications are stored under your database.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann