Need to create a website similar to re-free.monoray.net

I need to create a site similar to http://re-free.monoray.net

I have purchased SC thru the years, used it for a few basic database oriented apps for my churches membership, etc, but never really created a real looking website and integrate SC into it. I am not a web designer which may be part of my problem, but I"m fairly comfortable with PHP.

Any SC app I create looks “blocky” and not very state of the art. I need something like re-free.monoray.net, which is much more fluid looking and not so “square”. I tried joomla and JScriptCase but wasn’t happy with the results, liking something like Concrete5 much more now for my CMS, though I don’t know if there would be a reasonable way to hook SC into it.

Am I just fooling myself in thinking that I could make SC work for this particular site? I am not afraid to get into Yii which is what was used to do the monoray site, but I am more familiar with SC than Yii at this point.

If someone has created a site that’s more website oriented but uses SC for the data side, let me know.

I have to make a decision on my direction soon, like in the next 3-4 days.

Thanks
Alan

Scriptcase is not an application to make or maintain a cms. It’s a tool to create web applications. So you can put the scriptcase applications within IFrames of your favourite cms to get it going. You can change templates, remove borders etc. so that your application looks well in your IFrame. But if you are searching for fancy stuff like fadiing editboxes etc. then SC is not the tool for you.

To integrate SC within your favourite CMS there are a few things to consider. We integrate SC within E107 CMS. We use the E107 authorisation tables to authorize if you logon in the sc application. Also we call our SC application from E107 if the user is already logged on and pass the logon info to the SC application. We don’t use plugins for that, it’s so simple you can do it easily, also from Joomla or WP for sure.

I could not look to your website as it appears to be offline currently so not sure what you are looking for.

I’m not a fan of YII for different reasons, and I’m more fan of Dojo, Bootrap, JQueryUI and similar libs. But that’s not realy important. Using them requires me to go back to raw php to create my applications. They might look better, but it will require a huge longer time to develop. Time, my customers are not willing to pay. But if you are on your own, creating stuff for yourself, it can be a valid path.

I would wish I could have looked into SC8 what it will bring. I hope Bootstrap, but I don’t know.

[QUOTE=aducom;23539]Scriptcase is not an application to make or maintain a cms. It’s a tool to create web applications. So you can put the scriptcase applications within IFrames of your favourite cms to get it going. You can change templates, remove borders etc. so that your application looks well in your IFrame. But if you are searching for fancy stuff like fadiing editboxes etc. then SC is not the tool for you.

To integrate SC within your favourite CMS there are a few things to consider. We integrate SC within E107 CMS. We use the E107 authorisation tables to authorize if you logon in the sc application. Also we call our SC application from E107 if the user is already logged on and pass the logon info to the SC application. We don’t use plugins for that, it’s so simple you can do it easily, also from Joomla or WP for sure.

I could not look to your website as it appears to be offline currently so not sure what you are looking for.

I’m not a fan of YII for different reasons, and I’m more fan of Dojo, Bootrap, JQueryUI and similar libs. But that’s not realy important. Using them requires me to go back to raw php to create my applications. They might look better, but it will require a huge longer time to develop. Time, my customers are not willing to pay. But if you are on your own, creating stuff for yourself, it can be a valid path.

I would wish I could have looked into SC8 what it will bring. I hope Bootstrap, but I don’t know.[/QUOTE]

I would like to add. It’s not impossible to do what you want with SC, but a lot of custom code in blank apps will be needed, and you will not take advantage of SC power. Best way, is complement it with a CMS as aducom sais. Backend is managed by a SC app, and use some CMS to show the data. Example: From your SC backend, access some CMS table and create articles. Or use Joomla+Fabrik for example to access your SC data and show it

This morning I could open the website and to me it’s just a blocky site as you can create with scriptcase. A good start might be to look at the webshop. Here custom code is implemented to show special products etc. and it’s a good sample of how to do that. I still believe that integrating in a cms would be the best option, but to what I see it should be doable in SC.

Yo he echo con SC un sitio tan complejo como ese con una grid en modo plantilla personalizada y codigo html no fue dificil, solo una grid que recorre cada registro y es una casa (un vehiculo en mi caso) y cree otra grid en modo busqueda para suplir el tema, tambien lo use para sitio de inmuebles con buenos resultados saludos

I only know one site made with scriptcase, it is a brazilian site (ecommerce):

http://www.guppycarioca.com.br/menu/

You should learn about learn about HTML, php,CSS and other web pages. Otherwise use tools ( Dreamweaver,WordPress and websites) to create website like this free business website.

In general I advise to setup a CMS. For the application part which might be needed, you can create the application in Scriptcase and embed that in an IFrame (Wrapper) plugin of the CMS. Since you can integrate on db level, you can exchange data between SC and the CMS. It’s how we do that and pretty succesfully.

great but this would require much retouching is better as they say above, use cms 's

Great info i am learning website designing

webs services