New 64bit deployment - Many errors mainly 'A non-numeric value encountered'

Hi. I am in unchartered territory for myself and having a few problems, so hoping for some help…

The problem is having deployed my application and setup prod, when I start running the app I get a bunch of ‘A non-numeric value encountered’ errors. I have a modified version of sec_Login where I retrieve some values from the DB as part of the session setup, and these values are being reported in my own code as missing, but running a command line query through mysql shows the values are present.

This is the first time I have tried to deploy my solution to a 64-bit machine. I have not experienced any issues deploying to my 32-bit environment, although it is dated (php5), hence the upgrade. The new environment is not new hardware, but it is the first time I have built a LAMP stack on it. I’ve just followed the various guides - very standard - nothing adventurous. I have the latest Ubuntu Prod, just used standard apt-get installs. I did try to get PHP 7.3 to be strictly SC compliant, but that was not available and it defaulted to PHP 7.4. Specific versions are:
unman -a returns: Linux svr3 5.4.0-42-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 10 00:24:02 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Apache reports: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
Mysql reports: Server version: 8.0.21-0ubuntu0.20.04.4 (Ubuntu)
PHP reports: PHP Version => 7.4.3, System => Linux svr3 5.4.0-42-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 10 00:24:02 UTC 2020 x86_64
SC: 9.4.032

I ran a few basic queries via mysql command line when I created the DB and these seemed to work.

The deployment I built in SC was a full deployment and I specified 64bit Linux.

I did use the “test connection” button in the prod setup which reported “Success”, so at a basic level I am guessing the connection is working.

I have obviously done something very basic wrong. Could it be a 32bit versus 64bit problem?

Is there a 64bit setup guide anywhere that I could run through and check I have all the configs correct? I have not been able to find one.

I hope you can help - not sure where to start…

Kind regards…

OK, not sure if this helps with diagnosing my problem, is a distraction, or a symptom of another problem, but I just went back into the Scriptcase Prod Environment setup (…_lib/prod/lib/php/nm_ini_manager2.php) to check a few things. Logged in OK. When I click on any menu item on the left (for example, ‘Configure Production Environment’), the right hand frame fills with the production environment Login Screen.

It did not do this the first time I went there after deployment.

I’ve had the same issues, after some googling I believe the issue is with PHP 7.3 where non numeric values are now not allowed and cause the error to be reported. I have overcome the issue by not allowing NULL values, instead defaulting the field in the database to 0 (zero), the errors have now been suppressed. I’m no expert but it has worked for me.