newbie question: installing sc on a webserver

Do I need to run the scriptcase installer on my soon-to-be prod webserver, or can I just copy certain files and folders into a directory on it?
Thanks!
Dan

Re: newbie question: installing sc on a webserver

Hello Dan,

You can install SC on any webserver as long as it meets SC requirements. SC Installer means you are going to install the whole package, SC + Web Server. SC Manual Installation means you are going to install SC on an existing webserver. Please see the links below.

Windows Manual Installation
Windows Installer

Linux Manual Installation
ScriptCase Linux - Installer

MacOSX Installation

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Thanks Bernhard. My prod server is a windows server. I installed scriptcase just to get apache on it. I plan on doing all my dev work on my laptop.

Question: On my Prod server, are there folders I can safely strip out of my scriptcase install, so that I can only run my apps?

When I did the install, I didn’t see an option for only installing the apache and required files for running scriptcase apps. On Prod I do not need the full-blown sc install, just the bare bones for running apps.

Dan

Hi Dan,

My productionserver is a windows2008 server and I develop locally on a development environment. Is that something similar? You install SC full on your laptop or development machine. This can only be done once, the install is bound to your first engine unfortunately. You can - however - install it on a central server (i haven’t done that) but you need to install it fully. It will install apache.
After development you can deploy the application to your remote server. if you use Windowsserver you most likely will use remote desktop. then generate the deploymentfiles as a zip file and put them in your webserver root. You can use iis for that. I use apache from the uniformserver branch (orion). For security reasons I don’t want to have my development environment on my production servers. I also don’t have ftp server running there. So RDS is the option for me. I don’t use IIS. Not that it’s bad, but I simply know Apache much better.

hope this helps
Albert Drent
aducom software

Hello Dan,

On your Prod server all you need to install is a Web Server with PHP 5.2 to SC 5 or PHP 5.3 to SC 6. JRE 1.6 to generate PDFs.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann