NOSQL databases and ScriptCase

Is there any potential of using ScriptCase with a NOSQL database?

Thanks for any info.

Lyle

Not sure what you mean by this question. Are you asking for an enhancement? All of SC is based upon SQL databases. So if your question is, does SC support NoSQL, then no, not out-of-the-box.

Hi Albert

There are SQL ODBC drivers for NOSQL databases such as from Simba (http://www.simba.com/). I was hoping perhaps someone in the user/dealer community may have gotten a NOSQL database to work with SC someway.

Does your firm do custom SC coding possibly on a little project? I was working to get enable a user to be able to launch and run a selected desktop app and also a default browser in tabs. This would have to work regardless of what OS / device the user was using (PC, Mac, iPad, Kindle, etc.). You gave me some hints awhile back and I got a little start on it, but maybe it’s something you could do/complete for a fee.

If so, would you have an idea of a cost?

Thank you

Lyle

There are SQL ODBC drivers for NOSQL databases such as from Simba (http://www.simba.com/). I was hoping perhaps someone in the user/dealer community may have gotten a NOSQL database to work with SC someway.

I ditn’t tried, but if there are a ODBC driver, and you can use ANSI SQL, It’s suppose may work.

Does your firm do custom SC coding possibly on a little project? I was working to get enable a user to be able to launch and run a selected desktop app and also a default browser in tabs. This would have to work regardless of what OS / device the user was using (PC, Mac, iPad, Kindle, etc.). You gave me some hints awhile back and I got a little start on it, but maybe it’s something you could do/complete for a fee.

Where is the application?, client side or server side? Maybe using RFB and/or a JavaApplet, but a project like this it’s a very time consuming.

Hi Giu,

Thank you. The tab application would be on the server side (typical SC tab app) within which tab (like maybe an iframe) the client application would be run.

Lyle

[QUOTE=lyleholc;24310]Hi Albert

If so, would you have an idea of a cost?

Thank you

Lyle[/QUOTE]

If there are odbc connections than these are based upon SQL. SC generates SQL. So in theory it should work. But I have my doubts and I never tried it.

[QUOTE=lyleholc;24318]Hi Giu,

Thank you. The tab application would be on the server side (typical SC tab app) within which tab (like maybe an iframe) the client application would be run.

Lyle[/QUOTE]

Why do you want to run a local application inside the browser?. I think this is not possible,but it’s not a problem of SC but web technology and.concept

Hi Giu,

Wanted the user to have tab access to my SC apps and also to be able to load in a tab an office doc and be able to easily go between my apps and his client app by selecting desired tab. Then later be able to send data back and forth between apps. For example, like using the file picker, he would select a document (e.g., Word doc) and by file association the client application (e.g., Word) would open the doc in the tab where he could then edit it as normal (e.g., a Word instance within the tab). Or could also open his default browser in another tab.

Lyle

[QUOTE=lyleholc;24322]Hi Giu,

Wanted the user to have tab access to my SC apps and also to be able to load in a tab an office doc and be able to easily go between my apps and his client app by selecting desired tab. Then later be able to send data back and forth between apps. For example, like using the file picker, he would select a document (e.g., Word doc) and by file association the client application (e.g., Word) would open the doc in the tab where he could then edit it as normal (e.g., a Word instance within the tab). Or could also open his default browser in another tab.

Lyle[/QUOTE]

I understand, but as I mentioned, this is not possible. And as I mentioned, it’s not a problem with SC, it’s a problem with Web Technology. You can’t embbed “as is” a destkop application inside a browser. There are other options, but applications must be on Server side, and “deployed” to client side by RFB or similar.

Hi Giu,

Thanks again. I’ll look into those.

Best,

Lyle