There appears to be a bug with Number Auto-Complete fields in Search Applications that have been converted from SC7.1 to SC8. Follow these steps to recreate the problem.
- Create a new project in SC7.1 and link a MySQL database to it. (Other databases my cause the same issue.)
- Create a Search Application and link a table to it.
- Select a field variable that is an integer in the database.
- Change the data type to Number Auto-Complete.
- Create a SQL in the Search Lookup section to populate the field.
- Run application to confirm that the field automatically fills a drop-down as you type.
- Now import the 7.1 project into SC8 using Tools->Converters-Version 7.
- Run application in SC8.
- The field now only accepts integers. No mater what you type, it will only show the top 10 results.
Possible related issue with Ajax Processing:
If you link the Number Auto-Complete field to a Select field via the Ajax Processing in SC7.1, it will no longer work in SC8.